Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
A Very Strange Problem (Read 2117 times)
EdwardS

A Very Strange Problem
May 20th, 2012 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
I just wanted to share a very strange problem that suddenly started with my 727.

I have not installed any new items to FSX or the computer.
I have the power is "always on" modded into the aircraft.cfg
I have a short cut key for turning on the power as suggested here on the forums.

1. I start the plane from cold and dark and everything is perfect.
2. I lift off and start my climb, everything is still running smoothly.
3. I engage the autopilot.
4. Around 10,000 feet the power starts cycling on and off. This will happen for 10 to 20 seconds.
5. The power will go off completely after that and the only method to get it back on is to press CTRL + E.
6. After I press CTRL + E, remember my engines are already running and I am climbing to cruise altitude, the power returns however the engines will no longer increase or decrease in thrust.

I am going to remove the plane and install it again but wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of this problem or a similar problem like this before? I can repeat this problem every time. This is the ONLY plane that has this problem.

IP Logged

windplayer

Re: A Very Strange Problem
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2012 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Yep, thats strange. Never experienced something like that.

Repairing installation could be good thing to start from.

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2012 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Edward S - just a thought, sound like engine icing to me not a model problem, roll back and loss of power is symptomatic of restricted airflow into the engines. I am not sure what temps your FSX is giving you dependent on where you are flying but the 727 does not have OAT so take your guide from the ATIS for the airport you depart from. Either way your going to be operating at freezing levels so Do have you engine fuel heat selected before take off?  (see bottom left hand side of flight engineers station, 3 switches with 3 blues lights). You should also check that you have engine inlet heat selected on the upper right overhead panel.

Other than that no reason why you should be not getting proper thrust.

IP Logged

EdwardS

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2012 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the suggestion but it is not engine icing in this case. You can tell it is not engine icing because the thrust becomes stuck at one setting. If it was engine icing I should be able to reduce thrust.

I do my test flights from my local airport which is here in Florida, the weather has been in the 80's (in degrees Fahrenheit) and above. I can never reach cruise altitude and it happens just after crossing 10,000 feet. Also notice that I said thrust cannot be reduced. If it was icing I should be able to reduce thrust. The thrust becomes stuck at whatever setting I have when I press CTRL + E to restore power. For example if I have 75% thrust it becomes stuck there. That is definitely not icing.

IP Logged

EdwardS

Reply #4 - May 21st, 2012 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
windplayer wrote on May 20th, 2012 at 7:55pm:
Yep, thats strange. Never experienced something like that.

Repairing installation could be good thing to start from.

I agree, it is just one of those one-in-a-million glitches no one will ever see again. I only wanted to get it documented because at my age I will forget this happened in a years time. If someone else ever does have it happen though at least there is some sort of paper trail, you know what I mean?

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #5 - May 21st, 2012 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
i saw funny add-on on some delta virtual airline site. A kinda FlightDataRecorder. i cant tell if it records all the data, but maybe there is some other more sophisticated stuff like that. That could be handy in diagnosing this glitches.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top