Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Sweet Textures - Boeing House Colours (Read 25477 times)
David Sweetman

Ex C-130 Aircraft Engineer

Re: Sweet Textures - Boeing House Colours
Reply #15 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Dan, what program are you using to work on the paint kit?
In Photoshop you just right click over the layer in the "Layer" menu and duplicate.  

The way I fix it is I flatten the layer with the forward section.  Copy a slice from the flattened layer where it meets the next PSD over to the center section.  

I then play with the different layers until the colour matches.  Works most of the time for me.

Hello Edwin

I also use FS Repaint but I take into account some of the warping effects.  I have what we call a "waterline" on my paint kits.  I single pixel line that runs from nose to tail.  I get it to align on the fuse, in game.  Then when I come to the PSD's I have a level. reference point to work with.

I also normally make a "FUll Fuse" PSD which makes things a lot easier.  Unfortunatly, due to the way the 737 is cut up, I can not do it make one.  It wouldn't work.  I am lookin for a way around it though.

Here is as an example, the one I made for the 777

From this point I make a set of "actions" in photoshop that cuts the kit into it's required sizes and saves them as DDS files.

Dave

IP Logged

ayster

Reply #16 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Nice, thanks Dave, been waiting for this one!

Cheers, Ayster

IP Logged

Edwin

Reply #17 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Thanks David,

I use fs repaints only to review how the plane looks in FSX, but i see you attached some pictures in this thread that i do not believe come from fs repaints. When i look in fs repaints to the 737 i see some black parts which are i believe the animated parts. So i cant get a nice picture outside of FSX.

I checked MLD viewer, but that program crashes on my pc, so that's a no go.

I dont know any other program that can look into the textures without booting up FSX.

Edwin

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Ex C-130 Aircraft Engineer

Reply #18 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Hi Edwin

Your black parts could be down to several things.  I have had some black parts on the -200 repaints. 

FS Repaint only uses the fallback file for the base aircraft  IE.  Doing a -100 repaints is ok as the fallback doc points to the base  737-100 folder.  A -200 repaint also points at the 737-100 folder.  This causes black patches on my aircraft two.  That's the reason I did in game screeshots of my Air California 737-200 repaint.

It could also be down to the alpha and specs too.  The biggest patch I get on the -200 is where the landing lights reflect of the airframe.

You could make a repaint only folder which contains all the textures that are found in a repaint and from the folder named "texture".

Just a thought.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #19 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
You could copy the entire texture folder from the 737-100 into the 737-200. Then edit the texture.cfg in the texture.XX folder(s), so it looks like this:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\texture\bump
fallback.3=..\texture\spec
fallback.4=..\texture\LM

fallback.5=..\..\B737_800\texture

And then when you load it into FS Repaint, it will look like this:

It sure took a long time to load the CS737-200 into my FS Repaint. If I try doing anything else while it's loading, I'm guaranteed to have it stop responding.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Aflex

Reply #20 - Nov 5th, 2011 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Did the same experience with FS Repaint. I even took all textures ( bump, LM, spec) and copied them into the aircraft's root directory avoiding any fallbacks. It still took 3.5 minutes. But no blank spots anymore.
I abandoned FS Repaint and usualy load the plane directly in FSX. If not OK I pause, minimize FSX. Return to the paint, correct and load the texture. Then back to FSX I simply reload the aircraft and the livery updates. I admit you need a tough PCU  Wink. Latest at 2 o'clock in the morning all cooling fans run at high speed. Huh
I also agree with Dave that it is not possible to build one giant texture including upper and lower fuselage in one. So far I combined textures 4, 5 & 6 for the lower fuselage as well as 7,8 & 9 for the upper fuselage. As the textures overlap I recommend you use panelfinder (freeware, just google.) and maybe panelfinder-extension. Make an aircraft with all textures made from panelfinder bmp and fly. Take a lot pictures especially at spots you have problems. Put a copy of PF in your texture files and acc to the pictures taken you can adjust / join your textures. Same for the tail. Very nice to see where the rudder fits in your texture (stretch, rotate...)  Cry
For the center layer on top of the fuselage you have to play with the coloring. f.expl if your fuselage is white, take a white like 220 220 208. for the center part only try 233 233 226. Just give it a trial and see if that's working out for you.
nice weekend
Lex

IP Logged

Karim Amr

Reply #21 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 11:48am
Print Post  
David Sweetman wrote on Oct 31st, 2011 at 8:18am:
Dan, what program are you using to work on the paint kit?
In Photoshop you just right click over the layer in the "Layer" menu and duplicate. �

The way I fix it is I flatten the layer with the forward section. �Copy a slice from the flattened layer where it meets the next PSD over to the center section. �

I then play with the different layers until the colour matches. �Works most of the time for me.

Hello Edwin

I also use FS Repaint but I take into account some of the warping effects. �I have what we call a "waterline" on my paint kits. �I single pixel line that runs from nose to tail. �I get it to align on the fuse, in game. �Then when I come to the PSD's I have a level. reference point to work with.

I also normally make a "FUll Fuse" PSD which makes things a lot easier. �Unfortunatly, due to the way the 737 is cut up, I can not do it make one. �It wouldn't work. �I am lookin for a way around it though.

Here is as an example, the one I made for the 777

From this point I make a set of "actions" in photoshop that cuts the kit into it's required sizes and saves them as DDS files.

Dave

hello sir ,
regarding the "Full Fuse" , does it comes ready with the paint kit ? because i don't find it ,
and if i need to make it manually , can you please help me doing this ? is there any trick to make this happen or what ?
Thanks in advance  Grin

IP Logged

speck

Reply #22 - Sep 7th, 2015 at 3:15am
Print Post  
David Sweetman wrote on Oct 30th, 2011 at 2:46pm:
Hi Dan

I tend to just use Google images. �Stick a tail number or simple description. �For the Boeing demonstrator, I just used "N73700" and "Boeing 737-200 demonstrator" and "Boeing 737-100 House colours".

Airliners.net is by far my favourite though. �Lots of very good images.

Best way to get the tail done is make a PSD on the tail complete. �Make a duplicate of the tail. �Move the rudder in to position. �Then when you have it aligned. �Transfer it over to the master PSD.

Like this

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1795/tailtemplate.jpg

Dave

That tail was brutal for me. That's why I made 1 skin with my limited skills.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top