Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Recommencing flight after saving (Read 1238 times)
Rich Bowman

Recommencing flight after saving
Oct 3rd, 2011 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Hi all,

I've had a look through the forums, and not found any solutions as yet - if this is because I've been using the wrong terminology, then I apologise in advance.

I've found that I have issues recommencing a flight after I've saved - for example:

I could be flying from Sydney to Wellington, get halfway across and have to leave the computer. I'll save the game.

Some time later, I'll return to the computer, fire FSX with the intention of completing the flight - re-load the saved game, and will find that my the IRSs are no longer aligned (and thus lose info on the ADI and HSI) and that the flight plan has gone to pot!

Am I not saving correctly? Or is there a way to save/remedy this?

Cheers in advance,

Rich

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Recommencing flight after saving
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Hi Rich.

I have seen some members say that they can reload an saved flight (en-route) and get everything working fine. I think they said they were using the autosave function that is available in the registered version of FSUIPC. I have not been able to get it to work even though I do have a registered version of FSUIPC. In fact I get the same problems as you do. The last time I tried it, a very long time ago, the RAM Air Turbine would deploy as well when the flight loaded and there was no way to stow it unless I was on the ground.

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update (v4.5) for the 757.

I have started to use the SLEEP function of Windows 7, rather than shutting it down. I pause my flight in FSX, put Windows into sleep mode. And when I restart my computer from sleep mode, everything is working just as I had left it. This was not always the case in my Windows XP Professional, but it has worked every time in Windows 7 Professional x64. This could be a solution for you and many others. It's worth trying in any OS because if it doesn't work, you were going to lose it using the save method anyway.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Rich Bowman

Re: Recommencing flight after saving
Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the suggestion and speedy response! Much appreciated!

I'll try that - I think I might end up pausing, minimising and go from there (and out it to sleep when needed - I'm on Win 7 64, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks again - will keep an eye out for the patch when it arrives.

All the best,

Rich

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top