Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
An Oversight? (Read 1591 times)
wingclip

An Oversight?
Aug 24th, 2011 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Well I must say that there's something satisfying about pulling a trigger on the joystick and having an immediate reaction occur. And I have no doubt that I'll be playing with all the different possibilities.

I certainly think it was worth the money I spent and don't regret it and that's an honest fact, (else I wouldn't have said it).

But I am also pretty disappointed with it and I feel I would have been spared that if there was some mention to the fact that none of the effects, the missiles, the machine guns, the strikes and explosions of the rockets after they strike the ground or building, none of it, will show up in a replay of the flight. Neither in instant replay nor in saved video replay. The ad didn't say a word about that.

I can't help feeling like someone could have mentioned that in the ad i.e., "... watch the rockets fly to their target and explode as you chase down your adversary, (effects are not recordable)..."

You know something like that. They didn't have to highlight the fact but it would have at least covered their asses from the disappointed buyers like yours truly who would then bring it to the surface in a post.

Still, as I said, it is worth the money and I strongly recommend it for even those folks who aren't into 'shoot 'em up' games. You don't have to use it when you don't want to but if you had some idiot cut you off on the expressway when you were heading home from work, just load up the sim, fly to the expressway and spot where it took place, and enjoy firing a few hot rockets into the interchange until you feel vindicated.

Maybe someone will figure out how to make these things show up in a replay one of these days. I have an A10 that can drop bombs but they don't show up on the replay either. But I my SR-71's drag shoot does yet my C130's shoot does not? Go figure.

Does anyone know if FS Recorder can play back these flights with all the action included?
Thanks

Weapon for FSX / 737 Captain (737-200) / 767 Captain (767-300 Base Pack) / B-52 Driver / C-130 X-perience (FSX) / C-130 Extra Pack I

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: An Oversight?
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 3:00am
Print Post  
I think it has something to do with the fact that AI objects do not appear in replays or videos. I think that the "target" gets those animations or effects attached to them upon impact and so if the object (target) isn't in the reply or video, you don't get to see the effects either. It's a limitation of FSX. Sad

The drag chute, on the other hand, is a part of the aircraft that is always there and has "conditions" for whether it is visibile or not. So it is not a separate "object" that disappears in videos and replays.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

wingclip

Re: An Oversight?
Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Thanks Mark. I may have mixed myself up BTW, I think it's the B52 Driver that has the Drag chute, not the C130.

I think I read somewhere that FS Recorder can capture that because it uses actual video streaming and not the screen capture method, (if that makes sense).
I'll have to check on that.

Weapon for FSX / 737 Captain (737-200) / 767 Captain (767-300 Base Pack) / B-52 Driver / C-130 X-perience (FSX) / C-130 Extra Pack I

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top