Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 AI traffic (Read 8602 times)
John007
Full Member
*
Offline


Love FSX

Posts: 150
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2011
Re: AI traffic
Reply #15 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 4:31am
Print Post  
http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=airtrfcfx
Here it a lower end traffic package if anyone wants Wink its only defult fsx aircraft so Undecided but its kinda cool
  

Thank You John&&&&727-100/100F/200F&&777-200ER/200LR&&767-300/300F&&B-52 BUFF&&C-130 All In One&&707-300&&Weapons for FSX&&Future Owner Of 737 CAPTAIN&&http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x777/x777_4.jpg&&;
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #16 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 4:42am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Aug 15th, 2011 at 4:19am:
161MB for UT 1 (the demo for UT 2 is bigger than that) as compared to 1.64G for UT 2.

I know which one I would get. THE BIG ONE! Cheesy Grin

But do you know if UT 1 has been released as freeware?
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
CoolP
Senior Member
*
Offline



Posts: 2568
Joined: Jan 17th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #17 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
John007 wrote on Aug 15th, 2011 at 4:31am:
http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=airtrfcfx
Here it a lower end traffic package if anyone wants Wink its only defult fsx aircraft so Undecided but its kinda cool

John, don't mix that up since this link leads to a soft where you can generate your own traffic if you e. g. find some lonely places in the sim and then program some sort of flight plans for the AI.

If one is up to a payware traffic program, I can recommend UT2. I've had some other payware before and this one gives me the best models and also the smallest impact on the frames, while the tools coming with it are detailed enough to adjust it for smaller systems too.
Since there's a 30 day money back policy too, you can test it.

You will always see a fps impact with AI, but the good payware models and logics minimize it to levels even lower than the default AI while increasing the density at the same time.
But it's always a tradeoff situation since the models have to be rendered and e. g. eat up some memory for their (optimized) details and textures. So be aware that huge airports with 60 airliners (which is a low number) and more being parked really will eat some resources.

boeing247, the "growing" of AI and its impact isn't too uncommon since FSX builds this stuff after the initial loading of the flight. I'd say that you would have to limit the AI some more since maybe some of your hardware seems to run into its limit there.
You are very limited in the tools for setting up AI with the FSX default sliders. You can only set the density there, not the real numbers.

So while e. g. a low density at KJFK would still render tons of planes, you might feel lost at smaller places. UT2 adds another option there to limit the overall amount of planes, while maintaining a certain density.
There also is an option to automatically reduce AI when a certain fps number is reached. But I've never tried that option, so I couldn't tell if it works good.
And be aware that WoAI already is known as a good AI package (I've never used it though), so maybe the UT2 stuff doesn't enhance your experience too much, that's where the money back thingy may come in handy.
But I'm very happy with UT2 and their service and tools. You just have to buy the base package, no extra flight plans (they offer current ones at extra costs) needed if you just want to have 2010 or so traffic plans.

Quote:
But do you know if UT 1 has been released as freeware?

No, it's payware but I wouldn't recommend it with UT2 in mind, which is the current product. http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utrafficfsx
But, boeing247, keep in mind that your graphic card maybe won't be too happy about any increase in FSX detail there, regardless of the quality of the AI package.
So maybe consider a hw upgrade there first before the software gets even heavier for that card. AI adds load to the system.
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
StephenL
Senior Member
*
Offline



Posts: 260
Location: D.C.
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #18 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Does anybody knows how to change FSX flight plans to FS2004?  I have Almost all of the ai traffic plans, and it will be easier to change CS Weapons traffic than all of the WOAI stuff.
  

i7-4790k @ 4.00GHz - H100i Water cooling (Corsair SP120Quiet fans) - MSI Gaming 5 mobo - MSI GTX 970 4GB OC - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA 850w Bronze PSU - 240GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 1TB HDD - NZXT Phantom 530 (Custom Modded) - Windows 8.1 64bit Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #19 - Sep 2nd, 2011 at 1:40am
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Aug 15th, 2011 at 12:02pm:
[quote author=john007 link=1312936647/15#15 date=1313382678]
But, boeing247, keep in mind that your graphic card maybe won't be too happy about any increase in FSX detail there, regardless of the quality of the AI package.
So maybe consider a hw upgrade there first before the software gets even heavier for that card. AI adds load to the system.


I just bought the new computer about two months ago, so I really don't want to now buy a $200 graphics card. Is there any way I can put real airline traffic (I don't want a lot, but I really don't like the default traffic) into FSX without a noticeable fps hit? There has to be some way, because my frame rates were never affected very heavily by default traffic, and the default traffic has more polygons than typical traffic packages.

Also, I removed WoAI for the moment, but my default traffic have not come back (world of AI cancels out the default). How do I get them back? (I know I said I don't like them, but it beats flying alone.)  Undecided
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
Edwin
Full Member
*
Offline



Posts: 225
Location: Netherlands
Joined: Jul 27th, 2010
Re: AI traffic
Reply #20 - Sep 2nd, 2011 at 6:53am
Print Post  
You just bought nearly the same pc I have bought last week, only a little lower videocard and a bit older CPU.

You will be handling AI traffic fine. I use mytraffic X latest version and on payware airports like ELLX i get around 25/30 FPS with alot of traffic and all stats on very high to max.

Still note that you don't need a big graphic card for FSX, you need a good CPU.

  

Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #21 - Sep 3rd, 2011 at 12:23am
Print Post  
That's what I've heard. My CPU is pretty good, so you're probably right. It's actually mostly clouds that kill my performance.
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
StephenL
Senior Member
*
Offline



Posts: 260
Location: D.C.
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #22 - Sep 3rd, 2011 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Well, the WOAI forums do help. I have the 2 founders helping me right now. At the moment I have Ultimate traffic 2, which is not really good. I like WOAI because it fills up my airports. UT2 doesn't. At Heathrow, there's barely any traffic. WOAI is great, and the sliders do have an effect. I have UT2 because the WOAI is not working right now on my good computer, and I had this from a while ago. Can anybody help with me though? I have an error message and it never works no matter what. help please!
  

i7-4790k @ 4.00GHz - H100i Water cooling (Corsair SP120Quiet fans) - MSI Gaming 5 mobo - MSI GTX 970 4GB OC - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA 850w Bronze PSU - 240GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 1TB HDD - NZXT Phantom 530 (Custom Modded) - Windows 8.1 64bit Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #23 - Sep 3rd, 2011 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
I liked World of AI a lot, but it kept making my fps slowly go down. Did you ever find a way to fix this?  Undecided
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint
 
  « Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top