Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

 

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 AI traffic (Read 8596 times)
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
AI traffic
Aug 10th, 2011 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Sorry about asking this question here, but it should be pretty quick and I didn't know where else to ask it (the WoAI forums are just for news and announcements--they don't appear to have a support forum). Anyway, I just downloaded some AI packs today, and I see that they fill up the entire airport. This is realistic, but it's killing my frame rates. Does anybody know how to decrease the airplane count? (The AI sliders have no effect)

Thanks,
boeing247
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 4:09am
Print Post  
Because I use only the default AI at the moment, I'm just guessing here.
1) Is there any kind of documentation for the AI add-ons you installed? Maybe the other answer is there.
2) Check in the Menu (ALT) > Add-ons and see if there is something listed there that allows you to modify it.

Mark
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 4:13am
Print Post  
There's no documentation whatsoever. Do you by any chance know how to edit traffic within the simulator? (the particular files)
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 8:14am
Print Post  
boeing247 wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 4:13am:
There's no documentation whatsoever. Do you by any chance know how to edit traffic within the simulator? (the particular files)

You could try adding this line in the dll.xml file (same location as the fsx.cfg file):

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

Read the information in the Traffic Toolbox section of the fsxsdk help file. Too much stuff to put in here to show you the goodies you get with the Traffic Toolbox! It might help. I won't guarantee that it will (I'm covering my six Wink).

Mark
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
CoolP
Senior Member
*
Offline



Posts: 2568
Joined: Jan 17th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Mark, for Australia and New Zealand, Orbx just released their latest AI package for free. It's version 3.20 and offers a ton of new liveries. So if you are using default traffic, this will add nicely.
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #5 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 10:44am
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Aug 10th, 2011 at 8:51am:
Mark, for Australia and New Zealand, Orbx just released their latest AI package for free. It's version 3.20 and offers a ton of new liveries. So if you are using default traffic, this will add nicely.

I still have an earlier version of theirs. Version 2.0.  Grin
Not currently installed.
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #6 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Thanks, Mark! I'll fiddle around with that.
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #7 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Actually, it looks like the sliders do work, but they're not as sensitive as the default, it seems, so I wasn't noticing anything.
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #8 - Aug 13th, 2011 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Whenever I start up FSX, my frame rates slowly but steadily decrease. Could this be related to the World of AI traffic? I think the planes have less polygons, but the traffic is designed for FS2004.
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
CoolP
Senior Member
*
Offline



Posts: 2568
Joined: Jan 17th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #9 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Some 2004 stuff can be a real fps pain in fsx, but from reading I think WoAI works fine.
Can you lower the density there to spot it's actual impact?
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #10 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 12:45am
Print Post  
I have lowered the density. It improved the frame rates, but the odd thing is they drop. I'll start out with frame rates of around 15 (which is lower than usual), then they'll slowly drop. It's weird.  Undecided
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #11 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
I've been doing some reading online and I'll probably buy a payware traffic package. Before I do that, though, I was wondering about this Ultimate Traffic package I saw (version I, not II). It says it's discontinued but you can still download it. Does that mean it's been released a freeware?
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
John007
Full Member
*
Offline


Love FSX

Posts: 150
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2011
Re: AI traffic
Reply #12 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 4:07am
Print Post  
I dont know but if so im getting it Grin
  

Thank You John&&&&727-100/100F/200F&&777-200ER/200LR&&767-300/300F&&B-52 BUFF&&C-130 All In One&&707-300&&Weapons for FSX&&Future Owner Of 737 CAPTAIN&&http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x777/x777_4.jpg&&;
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: AI traffic
Reply #13 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 4:19am
Print Post  
161MB for UT 1 (the demo for UT 2 is bigger than that) as compared to 1.64G for UT 2.

I know which one I would get. THE BIG ONE! Cheesy Grin
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
John007
Full Member
*
Offline


Love FSX

Posts: 150
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2011
Re: AI traffic
Reply #14 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 4:24am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Aug 15th, 2011 at 4:19am:
161MB for UT 1 (the demo for UT 2 is bigger than that) as compared to 1.64G for UT 2.

I know which one I would get. THE BIG ONE! Cheesy Grin

yeah but im kinda low on money right now Undecided
Ill just have to wait Cheesy
  

Thank You John&&&&727-100/100F/200F&&777-200ER/200LR&&767-300/300F&&B-52 BUFF&&C-130 All In One&&707-300&&Weapons for FSX&&Future Owner Of 737 CAPTAIN&&http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x777/x777_4.jpg&&;
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint
 
  « Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top