Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

 

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 I have a question for Captain Sim (Read 5934 times)
dbhally
Beta Team
*
Offline



Posts: 445
Location: KSFO
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2010
Gender: Male
I have a question for Captain Sim
Aug 9th, 2011 at 1:19am
Print Post  
If you don't mind I would like to ask...

Is there any reason you could give that would rule out doing a CS747-XXX sometime in the future?

It may be a loaded question, and I hope I haven't violated any forum rules.

Thank you
  

Dave
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
NNewcomb
Senior Member
*
Offline


757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Posts: 604
Location: United States
Joined: Jun 29th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: I have a question for Captain Sim
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 2:07am
Print Post  
dbhally wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 1:19am:
If you don't mind I would like to ask...

Is there any reason you could give that would rule out doing a CS747-XXX sometime in the future?

It may be a loaded question, and I hope I haven't violated any forum rules.

Thank you


I don't think that it will be "ruled out" because no one knew that the 777 Captain was coming until the external model was released. So you never know...
  

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: I have a question for Captain Sim
Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:33am
Print Post  
I would bet on the 747 being the next plane released after the 737. It would be very odd to do every Boeing commercial jet but the queen of the skies and then stop.  Wink
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: I have a question for Captain Sim
Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:29am
Print Post  
I wouldn't bet on what will come out next. Captain Sim are very good at surprising the heck out of you. Take Weapon for FSX and the 777-200 as good examples of this.

Having said that, I love to see them do the 747-100/200/SP/Freighter. SP might not make it, but is worth including in that group.

Mark
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
dbhally
Beta Team
*
Offline



Posts: 445
Location: KSFO
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: I have a question for Captain Sim
Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:36am
Print Post  
all good points^

I was thinking that the 400 was the definitive version but it would make sense for CS to do the 100/200...etc. I'd be a happy with that.
  

Dave
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
NNewcomb
Senior Member
*
Offline


757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Posts: 604
Location: United States
Joined: Jun 29th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: I have a question for Captain Sim
Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:29am:
I wouldn't bet on what will come out next. Captain Sim are very good at surprising the heck out of you. Take Weapon for FSX and the 777-200 as good examples of this.

Having said that, I love to see them do the 747-100/200/SP/Freighter. SP might not make it, but is worth including in that group.

Mark


I agree with you, Mark. They're the best at surprises! I would would love a 747 Classic series and eventually a 747 modern series hopefully  Grin
  

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: I have a question for Captain Sim
Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Okay, so maybe not next, but you have to admit that it must be planned somewhere down the line.
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
NNewcomb
Senior Member
*
Offline


757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Posts: 604
Location: United States
Joined: Jun 29th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: I have a question for Captain Sim
Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
boeing247 wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:08pm:
Okay, so maybe not next, but you have to admit that it must be planned somewhere down the line.


I hope!!  Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin
  

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: I have a question for Captain Sim
Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
NNewcomb wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:26pm:
boeing247 wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:08pm:
Okay, so maybe not next, but you have to admit that it must be planned somewhere down the line.


I hope!!  Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

No matter what you say, we'll just have to wait and see. At the moment I am anxious for the 737 and 777 so I'm not in any hurry for the 747. YET! Wink

Mark
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
dbhally
Beta Team
*
Offline



Posts: 445
Location: KSFO
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: I have a question for Captain Sim
Reply #9 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:43am
Print Post  
I just wish I knew so I wouldn't be thinking about buying from others.
Undecided
  

Dave
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
dmb201
Full Member
*
Offline


what are you waiting for
get me my box of cigars

Posts: 61
Joined: Jan 9th, 2011
Re: I have a question for Captain Sim
Reply #10 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 4:49am
Print Post  
god onily knows what cs has up there sleaves but for now me and you are sad  Angry Angry Angry Angry
  

&&
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
dbhally
Beta Team
*
Offline



Posts: 445
Location: KSFO
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: I have a question for Captain Sim
Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2011 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim won't say anything about possible new projects, that's understandable....but...

I noticed something earlier that is totally giving me a clue though, yup...a raging clue and that something is "Nostalgy Series"! Cheesy

It could mean a lot of things or nothing but I think a CS747-100/200 could already be in the works.

I'm going to really try to leave it alone and be quiet about it, just wait & see what happens but man, oh man I WANT TO KNOW!!!

Smiley

  

Dave
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: I have a question for Captain Sim
Reply #12 - Sep 3rd, 2011 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
I would make a horrible addon developer. The instant I started something I would announce it all over the website and post pictures every time I added something. Where's the fun in that?  Cheesy
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: I have a question for Captain Sim
Reply #13 - Sep 4th, 2011 at 6:26am
Print Post  
boeing247 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2011 at 10:47pm:
I would make a horrible addon developer. The instant I started something I would announce it all over the website and post pictures every time I added something. Where's the fun in that?  Cheesy

Take a look at the Work in Progress forum at FFDS Design Forum to see some beautiful works in FS Design in progress. There is no harm in showing others how your work is progressing. The compliments others will give you will keep you going to accomplish the final result.
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: I have a question for Captain Sim
Reply #14 - Sep 4th, 2011 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
I see you have a presence over there, too.  Wink
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint
 
  « Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top