Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
SDK (Read 2152 times)
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
SDK
Aug 8th, 2011 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
I'm installing the FSX SDKs, following the instructions on the FSDeveloper wiki, but I'm having some trouble installing the SP2 and Acceleration SDKs. In fact, I haven't even begun to install them. I can view the files and folders on the disc just fine, but when I click the SDK folder it goes through a very long loading process which eventually halts right before it finishes. Do I have a bad disc or something?

Thanks
boein247
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: SDK
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:37am
Print Post  
It's possible that you do. If you have Acceleration, then install like this:
SDK on the FSX Deluxe DVD 1 (not sure if it's the same for FSX Gold) then SDK SP1a (either download or Acceleration DVD) then SDK SP2 (download) OR SDK SP2 Acceleration (Acceleration DVD).
Make sure the SDK matches you version of FSX. I have FSX + Acceleration, so my SDK is SDK SP2 Acceleration. There IS a difference between the SDK SP2 version and SDK SP2 Acceleration version.
As far as I know, you can't download the SDK SP2 Acceleration. It only comes on the disc. BUT. Since the release of FSX Gold, that could have changed. I have the Acceleration DVD so I don't need to download it. My FSX and Acceleration DVDs are backed up too. Just in case.

Mark

  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: SDK
Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Do you know where I might find the downloads, if they are available?
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: SDK
Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:52am
Print Post  
Click on the following links.

SDK SP1a - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=10027
SDK SP2 - http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FSXSDK-SP2Upda...
SDK SP2 Acceleration - struggling to find if you can download it or not.

Mark
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: SDK
Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:54am
Print Post  
Do I need to download the Acceleration SDK?
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
 
  « Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top