Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Gauges (Read 1682 times)
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Gauges
Aug 8th, 2011 at 4:49am
Print Post  
Well, now that I have FSX running well on my computer, I thought I'd contribute a little to the FS world and do some aircraft design. A few months ago, Mark provided a great tutorial on modelling an aircraft (http://www.flightsimonline.com/C162/), but that just barely touches on gauges. Does anybody know of a good tutorial for gauge creation?

Thanks,
boeing247
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Gauges
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 7:12am
Print Post  
If you go the The Sim-Outhouse forums, a lot of the developers (freeware and payware) hang around in there, or at least visit there a lot. They have dedicated forums for the different sections of designing for Flight Sim. I would recommend going there and taking a look through the forums. Could be worth signing up so you can get to ask questions/request help yourself.
Unfortunately for me. At the moment, my account there is having problems and the forum administrator has never responded to my requests to fix it. This has been ongoing for a year or so. I still go in there and visit the forums, but I just can't post anything. Sad

Mark
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: Gauges
Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Cool, thanks.  Smiley Is there anything there about sounds? Do most developers get their aircraft sounds from actually recording the aircraft?
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Gauges
Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Is there anything there about sounds?
I guess so. I haven't looked into gauges as much as I have with modeling and textures.

Do most developers get their aircraft sounds from actually recording the aircraft?
I know that some (not sure how many) of the payware developers do. I guess the same applies to freeware devs. You'll just have to ask. Wink

Mark
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
 
  « Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top