Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
thanks capt. sim (Read 2046 times)
harley1380

thanks capt. sim
Apr 13th, 2011 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
i had the sound problem, sent them a ticket.less then 24 hours i had a new install and now the sounds are fixed. i just can not get the missles to fire. when i switch to mis, it shows the ammo count but they wont shoot, either with the space and trigger. the guns and rockets work but not the missles. they did not work with the old installer also. they have great customer service and in time id bet they will get the bugs out of weapons. if i can not get the missles to work, no big deal, still have the guns and rockets to have fun with. thanks again      robert  

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Re: thanks capt. sim
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2011 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Are you trying to fire into empty space instead of at a particular AI? The missiles are all guided missiles and so need to lock on to an AI target before they will fire. The rockets and guns do not need this lock, and can simply be shot into the air, as I'm sure you have discovered. There are visuals on the HUD along with a warbling tone which tell you that it has locked. (E.G. on some missiles, the target, which was made of two circles, turns to one, and on other missiles which have one big circle, a smaller one appears and follows the target around). Also make sure that if you are firing at AI in the air, you have the Air to Air/Air to Ground switch on "Air" and similarly on "Ground" if you are shooting at grounded AI.

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

harley1380

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2011 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
thanks boeing 247. yes that work. never thought that you have to lock on. thought the missles fired like rockets. weapons pack is now working 100%. a great product.    robert

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 2:36am
Print Post  
Glad it works. I agree, it's an amazing product. By the way, Seoul-Incheon (RKSI) has the most enemy AI flights per day, so you might want to fly there (that's pretty much the only place I fly. If you go at the right time, there's non-stop AI traffic. Download the schedule to find the best times, just keep in mind that it's GMT, so you'll have to adjust for the local time at the airport.  Wink

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top