Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
A few small items... (Read 4808 times)
windycityflyer

A few small items...
Apr 9th, 2011 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Folks:

First, thanks as always to CS for providing us with such authentic sims. Second, appreciate this cordial forum of info exchange. I downloaded CS-52 yesterday and already flew a 3000nm flight w/o any problem. True fun-line product! Just a few observations/questions:

1. I read in the Forum about Fuel gauge caution lights (even if my Fuel tanks remain always 100%). Nothing to complain just wondering why the Fuel tanks don't deplete?

2. I read in the Forum about CIVA INS. Great idea! Does anyone know if that works on CS-B52 w/o causing any error? Unlike CS-707, where CS had provided a CIVA panel.cfg file, here the addition is "truly" an user-update.

3. I read about Engine Shut-Down and lack of Reverse Thrust after TD. Actually, the engines seem to shut down even if I don't apply any Reverse Thrust. Is it true that this aircraft has no Reverse Thrust?

4. My TD roll (although dead-center-line) is a bit long in spite of the DRAG CHUTE deploymenet. The manual says to apply Airbrake to position 4. Does it mean 40% of tool-tip on the Airbrake lever? The plane tends to overrun most runways if I don't hold brake for quicker stop.

Thanks in advance!!!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: A few small items...
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
1. I read in the Forum about Fuel gauge caution lights (even if my Fuel tanks remain always 100%). Nothing to complain just wondering why the Fuel tanks don't deplete?
I only have one warning light that won't go out, so it's not a great concern to me. Fuel does deplete from all my fuel tanks. It sounds to me like you have unlimited fuel turn on in the Aircraft Realism settings. However. I have worked out that the B-52, has a range of about 14000nm. You could change that by using the mod done by Collin (TurbofanDude) and Dan (HvyEng), available here: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1296605980

2. I read in the Forum about CIVA INS. Great idea! Does anyone know if that works on CS-B52 w/o causing any error? Unlike CS-707, where CS had provided a CIVA panel.cfg file, here the addition is "truly" an user-update.
As far as I know it should work fine. I don't use the CIVA INS in the B-52 and so I can't really verify that. My panel.cfg in my the 707 is very different from the one provided by Captain Sim, that it could almost be classed as a "user-update". I have not changed anything in the panel.cfg that involves gauges used by the 707 that were created by Captain Sim, only the CIVA INS gauges have been modified, changed or rearranged.

3. I read about Engine Shut-Down and lack of Reverse Thrust after TD. Actually, the engines seem to shut down even if I don't apply any Reverse Thrust. Is it true that this aircraft has no Reverse Thrust?
Pulling the throttle levers backward, into what would normally be reverse thrust, shuts of the fuel flow to the engines which means that you are actually shutting them down. It is true that the B-52 does not have reverse thrust.

4. My TD roll (although dead-center-line) is a bit long in spite of the DRAG CHUTE deploymenet. The manual says to apply Airbrake to position 4. Does it mean 40% of tool-tip on the Airbrake lever? The plane tends to overrun most runways if I don't hold brake for quicker stop.
After my B-52 lands (touches down), I deploy the Drag Chute and the Air Brakes (#6 or 100%). Then I brake until the plane slows down to a speed of about 10 knots and taxi off the runway. Using this method, my B-52 stop quite quickly and I don't use up too much runway after landing. Airbrake to number 4 most probably means exactly that, number 4 and not 40%.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

windycityflyer

Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Mark:

Yes, it sure helps.

Thanks for the prompt response and definitive answers. I will use full 100% Airbrake for TD and also try adding CIVA INS Gauges to the panel (after saving the CS original file).

Happy flying.

IP Logged

windycityflyer

Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Hello:

Yes, 100% Airbrake for TD works better.

Also, I was able to add one unit each of CIVA INS (CDU+MSU) gauges and enable INS Navigation for the CS-B52 (without an FSX GPS FPLN). I set the MODE SELECT knob to "TACAN" and the HDG SELECT switch to up/MAN before  flipping the CIVA INS/NAV switch to up/ON for FPLN activation. The plane nicely followed the LATLONG waypoints.

On the [VC] cockpit view, I had initially bit of problem getting the displays on the INS gauges but momentarily moving to the [2D]/Blank cockpit brought up the displays.

Thanks again for the tips and suggestions. Cheers!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top