Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Little radio problem...*SOLVED* (Read 7812 times)
Vlado

Little radio problem...*SOLVED*
Apr 2nd, 2011 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Hey guys!

Everything works just fine on the 727, except the radio!
For some reason I can not even change a frequency what so ever.
It's like the radio panel is locked?
When I try to turn the radio knobs/bugs for VOR/ADF, it doesn't let me change frequency at all... I have tried to do everything but with no results..

Any o you had same issue?

Best regards,&&Vladimir&&Former MiG-21 pilot, from the old Yugoslavia&&&&Subscribe to my youtube channel for high quality FSX videos every week!&&http://www.youtube.com/simreviews&&;&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Little radio problem...
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Hi Vlad.

It sounds to me like the Avionics is OFF. Make sure that the default FSX flight has the Avionics Master Switch ON. The only time that ever happens to me is if I use the 727 after I have used a plane that has an Avionics Switch and I turn it OFF when shutting down the aircraft. Because the Captain Sim 727 doesn't have an Avionics Master Switch, I have assigned a keyboard shortcut to the Avionics Master Switch. I use CTRL+SHIFT+A.

It is also possible that the battery lost too much power. I added the electric_always_available=1 (under the [electrical] section) in the aircraft.cfg to fix it. Since I started following Lou's instructions on starting the 727, I have removed that line from my 727 aircraft.cfg file.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Vlado

Re: Little radio problem...
Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Thank you so much Mark!
Avionics Off, was totally the problem.. I cannot believe I missed that..
You know, I had a flight with a Cessna before around Alaska.. and I parked her in a hangar with everything off... and I didn't realize that it would turn my avionics off on the 727 when I start her up cold and dark to.. hahaha what a bugger...

I have no problems at all starting up or operating the 727, but apparently I was not smart enough to check the avionics..

Again Mark!
You are a lifesaver, thanks a lot mate  Cheesy

Best regards,&&Vladimir&&Former MiG-21 pilot, from the old Yugoslavia&&&&Subscribe to my youtube channel for high quality FSX videos every week!&&http://www.youtube.com/simreviews&&;&&

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Re: Little radio problem...*SOLVED*
Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Valdo,

What is missing from the 727 CS model is the two radio master switches.
One for the Captains essential radios and the other for the F/O's radios.
That would go a long way in solving the on - off problem.

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

Vlado

Re: Little radio problem...*SOLVED*
Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 3:47am
Print Post  
Hey Lou!

Well yes basically there is no master switches for the radios..
I can live without it, its really no problem. At least Mark showed me a walk-around for the issue to get it working...

Thanks for your input Lou!
Appreciate it...  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top