Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Fuel Warning Light (Read 13223 times)
Lost in Isaan

Re: Fuel Warning Light
Reply #15 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 12:07am
Print Post  
rick freedom wrote on Sep 30th, 2011 at 11:04am:
Dear Garylc1,

You are right, some fuel is still being drawn from the tip tanks even if the booster pump switch is set to the OFF position. I guess we'll have to live with that.

I've noticed the same with the Captain 707, fuel is drawn off the reserve (Tip) tanks with the selectors closed as well. Is it an FSX thingy?

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

garylc1

Reply #16 - Oct 14th, 2011 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
One other thing about fuel. Don't let anyone run dry before switching on other pumps. It'll shutdown in flight or wherever you're at hopefully with enough altitude for a re-start. I know; I've hit the dirt many a time to learn a sequence.

Pull throttle back; switch off autopilot; fly the plane and glide with airspeed enough to not stall and ctrl/shift f4 then ctrl e. While the engines re-start gradually move throttle up back to gain airspeed then altitude if needed and continue with where or what you were doing.

IP Logged

awd

Reply #17 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 10:20am
Print Post  
MustanGrande wrote on Mar 6th, 2011 at 7:32pm:
So, I've been flying the BUFF quite a bit lately, and I love everything about it thus far.  However, I recently noticed that the amber warning light on the right external tank is always on, even with 100% fuel onboard.  EDIT:  The manual says that this light indicates the external tanks being used out of sequence, but then says nothing more about the CORRECT fuel sequence.

In addition, FSX pesters me every few minutes with a "Fuel is critically low in the selected tank" message at the top of the screen.  Is this the case with everyone, or am I the only one with this issue?

same problem

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top