Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 I have to say something. (Read 9038 times)
silverfox441

I have to say something.
Feb 6th, 2011 at 1:45am
Print Post  
I usualy don't start threads but this situation calls for it.
I am absolutly dismayed by some response to the FSX add on that Capt Sim has put out, namely, Weapons for FSX. In a nut shell, you dont like it, don't buy it. Nobody is forcing anybody to use this feature and it won't start a war in your living room i promise.
In fact, when it comes down to it, in real life you have civilian A/C and you have military ones, with deadly weapons. Exept in this case YOU can CHOOSE if you want it or not. But i think that complaining about a developer's project on his own forum is in very bad taste.
If you must, start your own forum and have fun.

With respect, Al.

IP Logged

sanchezuno

Re: I have to say something.
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Quote:
i think that complaining about a developer's project on his own forum is in very bad taste.

Why should CS start a forum if they dont want to hear there customers opinion?! I m not afraid of it starting WW3 on my Pc...But I have games that are far better then this at simulating a AA or AG combat! you even get some AI shooting back and trying to avoid your missiles. All i am saying is that it isnt very good, or fun, or realistic. I bought every single addon CS has ever made! including FS9 addons/ Xload / Space Shuttle etc... Its just my Feedback. And i really hope they dont put guns on the 737.2

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 2:40am
Print Post  
I have to say something as well!

CS don't have many military aircraft in their hanger so for me having bought this product for my B52 only to find out that it has NO BOMBS is very disappointing. Then to see it basically as 2D and not VC also sucks.

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

silverfox441

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Opinions are like ..... removed........ everyone else's stinks!

You, Sir, are a very rude person.
There is a very big difference between telling a develloper that his product is a stupid idea and customer feed back, like say, reporting a bug. Imagine if i would go on a competitor's forum a tell them that their new product is not welcome. I am on just about every forum, be it combat sims or otherwise, and never seen anything quite like this kind of comments.

I wish you a nice life. Al.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 2:52am
Print Post  
I think we already know you don't like it sanchezmo. As Al said: If you don't like it, don't buy it!

BUTT (pun intended). You don't like it so much that you allowed yourself to stoop so low as to say And i really hope they dont put guns on the 737.2. Surely even you know that they won't.

Many others, like it, want it, bought it and are having fun with it. Grin

@ Lost in Isaan. The fact that it doesn't drop bombs, could/should be made more clear on the Product page. As for the no VC integration, I use the keyboard commands so I don't have that large 2D Panel in my way!

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

TurbofanDude

Programmer, B-52H and
737NG Lover

Reply #5 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Well,
If I can offer my OPINION here -

I think they have added a new realism to FSX. Like Mark said, there are planes with lethal weapons, and Cessna's alike. Now you have the choice - make one to not shoot down that United A320, or make one to strafe San Diego. If you respect the weapons and use them correctly, it's a new era here, but I don't think complaining on CS's forum and talking about bad-scented opinions is really necessary. If you like it, enjoy it, if you don't, don't use it.

Thank You,&&Collin Biedenkapp,&&&&<div class="scroll" style="float: left; font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana,sans-serif; overflow: auto; max-height: 200px; width: 99%;"><br><br><a href="http://www.captainsim.com/" target="_blank">Web Site</a> | <a href="http://www.captainsim.com/support/" target="_b
IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #6 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Lost in Isaan wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 2:40am:
I have to say something as well!

Then to see it basically as 2D and not VC also sucks.

Pless cycle S to get into VC.  Wink

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #7 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
I had a good LOLZ today.

I was at avsim having a look around and I noticed a poll that had been shutdown and being a mod on other tech forums found that behaviour rather odd.
It seems obvious to me that the question was being put "out there" before captain sim embarked on this brilliant idea.
If only I had seen this thread when the competition was on.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/249641-survey-weapons-in-fsx/

Do I win a prize for finding the thread captain sim?
Just joking.  Cheesy

Sent from my old flip phone thingy using Tapatalk HD_2016

IP Logged

Baslar

Reply #8 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 9:15am
Print Post  
I have one hell of a lot to say. CS sell a product that is incomplete in so far as there is no way I can get Missiles or Bombs to work. Then I read about complex file editing required to do this. At the same time there is a simple freeware weapons add-on that works perfectly and does what it says on the tin.
I think I have every right to complain especially when the demo of this program shows bombs exploding and every thing else working. If this is isn't selling something under false pretences I don't know what is.

Regards, Barrie

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #9 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Baslar wrote on Mar 30th, 2011 at 9:15am:
I think I have every right to complain especially when the demo of this program shows bombs exploding and every thing else working.

And it is working really. We are sorry to hear it does not work for you.

IP Logged

Baslar

Reply #10 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 10:32am
Print Post  
If it is working why doesn't it work for me? I have also read of others who have no bombs and some guy who quoted a pile of text to add to get it to work.

What we need is a patch with all that done and a simple way to apply it.

I have never bought other software that only half works.

Baslar

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #11 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Hi Balsar.

Dropping bombs with Weapon for FSX is not available yet. I'm sure that Captain Sim will add in in the next v1.1 patch, as there are many wanting the capability to drop bombs. The recently released v1.01 patch is only for those that are having the sound problems.

You have mentioned a video, or videos, which show bombs being dropped using Weapon for FSX. There are mods for dropping bombs that have been created by other users and need to be used as if they were guided missiles, making them guided bombs. Maybe you saw a video showing one of those at work. As far as I know, all the official videos only show Guns, Rockets and Missiles being used.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

SNOOPY

Reply #12 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Honnestly guys, even if I had small problem with the addon, now I have to say that I have a blast ! It is so much fun to shoot down an Airbus that is in your way and take take is spot for a landing

Dan

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #13 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Baslar, complete info about product features is available at product pages to see before purchase.

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Reply #14 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 1:36am
Print Post  
If anybody has a technical issue with Weapon, I suggest starting a forum topic. Baslar, I'm not sure what's going wrong, but if you start a topic with your issues, I and others would be happy to see what we can do.  Smiley

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top