Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Further development - THIS TOPIC PLEASE (Read 17651 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

Further development - THIS TOPIC PLEASE
Feb 5th, 2011 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Gents,
As there are a number of questions/ideas on further development please post them into this topic.

This is our current position (quote from the manual)
The Weapon for FSX is a pilot project, so its further development is totally depends on the initial flightsim community feedback (sales).

If the product will receive an enthusiastic welcome, then most likely we will consider an addition of the following features:
- Multiplay
- Unguided bombs
- Weapon exterior models installation on external stores of any aircraft
- Many other exciting features

Technically there are no limits in the Weapon integration into FSX. We do not see any problems in any aspect except market expediency.

Note:
Initial release of the Weapon for FSX product does not include any
'promised' expansions or features.

IP Logged

tonibamestre

New Platforms integrated into Weapon X ?
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Hey Captain, I was wondering if you consider development of new platforms for FSX like Naval Units.Could be fun,we already have fighters and bombers,so lets develop and add complex Carriers,destroyers,frigates and cruisers to get a real war environment. Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Further development - THIS TOPIC PLEASE
Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Hi Alex.

Thanks for adding this Topic.

I think Unguided Bombs so that if we add Weapons to the B-52 Driver we can drop them. Like Nathan said: i was hoping to carpet bomb. I think you already know that. Wink

That's my two bobs worth.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Put me in for the unguided bombs wish. This B-52 needs some.  Cheesy

I also go for the collimation of the VC HUD to be compatible with TrackIR and/or EZCA. http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1296924925
And maybe there could be a global on/off switch to disable the traffic files from the addon if somebody wants to be stay with civilian traffic only.
I think that they currently mix up with all other traffic at the "hostile" areas.

Multiplayer compatibility also is a big wish. So if both guys have the addon installed, it should be possible to really cause some damage on that opponent's plane.

The current weapons only fire on the longitudinal axis, so you can't use turrets or those side mounted weapons like on some flying fortress out there. Maybe the actual firing direction can be made more flexible then.

IP Logged

Stinger

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
I think it would be great to get destroyable buildings and maybe add a lasting effect if you miss and hit the ground, like a crater. If that isn't possible then atleast multiplayer would be very great.

IP Logged

YoYo

Reply #5 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Mod for WWII airplanes with pop-up to right set a gunsight: guns, rockets, bombs

webmaster of YoYosims&&&&Vista 64 bits, i7 930 3.56 Ghz (OC), Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R ( Intel X58 ), 2x2GB=4Gb Patriot Viper II Sector5, Asus Radeon HD6970 2Gb DDR5, Creative X-Fi Extreme Music + Logitech 5.1 model X-530, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH Products, CH Pedals USB, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek Pro Flight Radio Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Multi Panel
IP Logged

Navman

FS Veteran

Re: New Platforms integrated into Weapon X ?
Reply #6 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 9:32am
Print Post  
tonibamestre wrote on Feb 5th, 2011 at 9:41pm:
Hey Captain, I was wondering if you consider development of new platforms for FSX like Naval Units.Could be fun,we already have fighters and bombers,so lets develop and add complex Carriers,destroyers,frigates and cruisers to get a real war environment. Wink

Interesting. We started work on a multi-player Naval Simulator last year, based on FSX. We have guided weapons on rails and turning before being launched, and a working guns. Either CS's product or another company's product, or both, might be interesting to link to our project Smiley

Iy would need a lot of expansion though, so we'll be following further development with keen interest  Wink

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas&&&& &&FSAddon.com Publishing&&EuropeRides&&&&... and [url=http://www.flightsimplaza.com/fsblog][b]the man's blog

IP Logged

Virtualwombat

Reply #7 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Need support for EZDOK and TrackIR.

Cheers,

Noel.

IP Logged

JD_LincsUK

Reply #8 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Virtualwombat wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 7:54pm:
Need support for EZDOK and TrackIR.

Noel.

Someone's taking the pee, I fear  Roll Eyes

I second the motion for iron bombs for WWII aircraft. We have so many fantastic add-on aircraft for this era, with missions and details of how to fly famous raids from the likes of PC Pilot magazine and (dare I mention...) Just Flight with their Mossie and FCS with their Welly or AH with their dambuster Lancaster - it would add that extra touch to be able to actually complete those missions by delivering the relevant ordnance.

Next on the list for me, and probably not too difficult to implement (considering the ability to add scenery objects and perhaps some kind of ATC type control method) some anti-aircraft batteries to make it that much more real (and difficult).

Thirdly, it would be nice to have an AWACS suite for the likes of your fantastic E767.

Put all that into a multiplayer scenario (with what's already available) and you will make an awful lot of online players extremely happy for quite some time.

Nah - I don't want much....!  Tongue

JD

IP Logged

flyer01

AI that shoot back in single play
Reply #9 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
I was reading somewhere that some people were working on AI that would shoot back in singe play in fsx.

Can that be the next step in FSX?

Thy talked like it could be done in FSX. But then thy did not say any more about it for sometime.

Before anyone says it can't be done in FSX. Thy also said weapons could not be put in and work in FSX also. lol

If this can be done in FSX there are lots of people that would start fly combat in FSX. Just for the single play and Missions.

flyer01

IP Logged

Ragtopjohnny

Reply #10 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Make it EASY to install on all 3rd party VCs.

You should not have to spend a week programming it in, and the SDK could be better explained.

John

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Reply #11 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
I don't think that boats and cars/airport vehicles are actually destroyed when you blow them up (though please correct me if I'm wrong, and I'll leave and blow up some fuel trucks  Wink). If I'm correct, I think that the next update should allow you to explode ALL AI traffic and, as somebody said above, buildings (or at least have the missiles stop when they hit the buildings, weapon is very realistic and it's kind of disappointing to see my Hydras fly through walls without exploding). Cheers!

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #12 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 4:40am
Print Post  
I have been able to destroy quite a lot of boats. I can't destroy them all though. I think that the ones that I can't/don't destroy are the ones that are a part of Orbx FTX-AU scenery addon.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

vic007

Reply #13 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Like a lot of people here I would like to see an increase in weapons available for example how about some torpedoes and Exocet missiles. Finally what about a load out option so we can select weapons our aircraft carry. I realize the last option maybe difficult because weight etc would have to be taken into account.  I mean you wouldn't want to put a phoenix missile on an ultra light - but then again Smiley Smiley Grin

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #14 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 7:46am
Print Post  
vic007 wrote on Feb 26th, 2011 at 9:32pm:
Like a lot of people here I would like to see an increase in weapons available for example how about some torpedoes and Exocet missiles. Finally what about a load out option so we can select weapons our aircraft carry. I realize the last option maybe difficult because weight etc would have to be taken into account.  I mean you wouldn't want to put a phoenix missile on an ultra light - but then again Smiley Smiley Grin

The best way to get a "load" the weapons you prefer, is to edit the CSWeapon.xml (using notepad) and remove the weapons you don't want on the aircraft.

My AC130 Spectre only has 2xM61 Vulcan Cannons shooting out the side. I'm still trying to figure out the 105mm Howitzer and 40mm Bofor. I've created the 3D howitzer shell using gmax, but I still need the sound and to work out the fire rate (in the xml file) before that is ready.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

ginger

Reply #15 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
On Further development, I wish:

1) Multiplay
2) Ability to obscure, via a configuration file, the individual elements of the HUD. For example, leaving only the indicator for infrared missiles.
3) Possibility to have the HUD indicator for IR missile with an indication of the distance from the target (such as the F-104 Starfighter)

Bye

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Reply #16 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 2:21am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 26th, 2011 at 4:40am:
I have been able to destroy quite a lot of boats.

Hmmm... maybe they do eventually get destroyed. I've watched them catch fire, but haven't stuck around long after that. Though I know for sure that that big cargo ship near Incheon isn't going anywhere. I hit it with three Air-to-surface missiles and it didn't so much as start flaming.

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #17 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 3:15am
Print Post  
boeing247 wrote on Mar 2nd, 2011 at 2:21am:
Though I know for sure that that big cargo ship near Incheon isn't going anywhere. I hit it with three Air-to-surface missiles and it didn't so much as start flaming.

Yeah. I know what you mean. There is a large cargo ship in Port Phillip Bay (Melbourne, Australia) that I have hit a dozen times without it ever being destroyed. I'm not sure if it a part of FTX AU or default scenery.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Delta 737-200

Reply #18 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 3:27am
Print Post  
I can't wait to add this to my F/A-18 and shoot those stupid and hideous southwest planes out of the sky. And teach the boats on Lake Tahoe a lesson not to be sailing in a horrible blizzard.

IP Logged

Chandy

Reply #19 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 11:51am
Print Post  
I was thinking that a time limited application of weapons to aircraft could bring even more realism. For instance guided/heat seeking missiles would not have been seen on say Spitfires or Mustangs in their heyday. I am thinking along the lines of block periods eg. 1900-1940, 1941-1960, 1961 to present. This is, of course, a very loose set of parameters and could be adjusted as you see fit.

It is just a thought, however it may be unpopular with those who don't care for realism too much and find happiness in shooting rockets from their Wright Flyer. Perhaps this may be too much of a restriction. But it is a thought, nevertheless

Regards.

John G

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #20 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
When will the bombs be added so you can turn them on in the weapons control panel? That is what I would like to see in the first update.

Thanks,

flyer01

IP Logged

Chandy

Reply #21 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
I believe you need to further develop the program so that the weapons can be instantly added to Third Party aircraft, otherwise I believe your program will be a no-show. The large customer base in the simulator world means that your program has the potential to be a winner, but also the potential to be a loser if you don't cater to the millions of simmers that just want to get on with it and not mess about with files. The real target should be those simmers, not the more tech savvy among us, who are surely in the minority. In my experience, a wide customer base is what you want, not a narrow one. I know this seems like telling you how to suck eggs but as I am a customer (and customers are always right, as I was always told by my boss) who wants such ease of use I believe I'm right. I am certain that many will agree with this viewpoint.

Regards,

John G

IP Logged

CanukAMT

Reply #22 - May 11th, 2011 at 4:38am
Print Post  
Well now that I figured out "Run as Administrator" is vital in Win7 and Vista I can look to the future and see other posts that could be linked to this.  One is the GUI that could include mods to change weapons type, amount, strenght without haveing to do XML Edits. 

I do not know if joystick buttons can be assigned to the weapons armed and select switches but that would also be usefull in a GUI.

I run 2 computers on a lan and the multiplayer works there so even if multiplayer sites have Weapons Enabled rooms that would also be great.  Many gread developments by users on the forums.

Keep up the good work Capt Sim and perhaps we can download these as a patch or purchase an update at some future point.

IP Logged

Panny

FSX is a pain in the ass.

Reply #23 - May 11th, 2011 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Can we have a version where you can choose how many rounds you have with an ACE program and with the amount applied it affects the payload?

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, i7 3930k 4.4Ghz, Corsair H100i, 16GB 2400Mhz RAM, 2 X GTX 670, OCZ 500GB SSD, Corsair 650D case

IP Logged

Helifan123

Reply #24 - May 13th, 2011 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
How about GPS-giudet weapons like a Tomahawk-missile ?

I'm thinking of a 2D panel where you can enter the coordinates of the target and when you did that, push the fire button. It'll be very cool Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #25 - May 14th, 2011 at 3:42am
Print Post  
Helifan123 wrote on May 13th, 2011 at 6:54pm:
How about GPS-giudet weapons like a Tomahawk-missile ?

I'm thinking of a 2D panel where you can enter the coordinates of the target and when you did that, push the fire button. It'll be very cool Wink

Very interesting idea! I wonder how difficult it would be to implement it. Huh

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Panny

FSX is a pain in the ass.

Reply #26 - May 14th, 2011 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
It's just like that thing with the bomb computer of the B-52, Mark, you saw it right?

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, i7 3930k 4.4Ghz, Corsair H100i, 16GB 2400Mhz RAM, 2 X GTX 670, OCZ 500GB SSD, Corsair 650D case

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #27 - May 14th, 2011 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Panny wrote on May 14th, 2011 at 12:44pm:
It's just like that thing with the bomb computer of the B-52, Mark, you saw it right?

Yes, saw it and using it. A great development by Bruce.

Johan

IP Logged

Helifan123

Reply #28 - May 20th, 2011 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Clusterbombs would be nice too Wink

IP Logged

Victory103

Reply #29 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 2:19pm:
The current weapons only fire on the longitudinal axis, so you can't use turrets or those side mounted weapons like on some flying fortress out there. Maybe the actual firing direction can be made more flexible then.

RW helo guy so this is a must. Would be nice to have the gun linked to the VC HUD so one can look and shoot. Just got the pack and have it running on the Alpha and Area-51 Super Cobras, rockets are cool. Still tweaking/learning and need Marko's AC-130 cfg.

Also recommend a "sticky" section for configs for various 3rd party models.

ARMY PROPS
DUSTOFF
USN SOML

IP Logged

Misha

Reply #30 - Sep 7th, 2011 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Hey everyone. 
Lots of great ideas. I really like:
- exploding scenery buildings. It probably would be great if boats, vehicles and buildings could also show some damage and dissapear. Suspecting this will be difficult to implement without rewriting lots of FSX core code.  
- track IR and multiplayer support. I think track IR would be particularly welcomed since I know from online experience, nowdays most of fighter pilots but also others use it. In multiplayer mode, cockpit missle lock warning and some means to defend from attack (as chaffs and flares) would be of course great. I suspecting this will require writing separate FSX integrated Internet client, which in a sense would be really great news not only because of online combat, but also because potentially finally opening doors for online support to other additions as AI carriers and ships, victims for Search and Rescues and so forth.     
- geographical cordination attacks. I think this would work not only for Tomhawks (droped from B-1, B-52, F-117 or Tu-95) but also say Marvics or laser guided bombs high speed attacks, where you could specify target lock in advance from great distance, than fly Mach 2 over it to attack it.     

Personaly I would be glad to see two more additions. First in really not that compicated but really needed IMHO.  
Namely ability to see selected sub types of the weapons and their respective firing modes on existing CSW 2D weapon panel.  

There will always be planes to which adding CS VC HUD will be impractical. Also there always will be simmers who simply will don't want to bother with SDK. Some older planes like  F-86 Sabre, older MIGs and SUs or say WW2 fighters but also others, don't really have sufficient space in cockpit to facilitate entire HUD, sometimes at all and sometimes at least in a way which would make it clearly visible and readable. Most of those planes in real life also often didn't have any HUDs, or as the case may be, had simple ones as Sabre's Pepper spray circle which only was providing radar assistance for aiming the guns. Since for aiming CS weapons as it is right now in ver 1.0 no HUD is really necessary at all. Nose of the plane has to be simply pointed at the target and lots of addon planes has either some already existing pointing devices of their own, being either HUD, dot on winshield, alternatively spot on front window which can be memorised as such. Also because 2D panel shows already when target is locked and in range, only thing which is missing for all these planes is information which exact type of missles are selected and in what firing mode are the guns and rockets.
As for now to obtain this info, view has to be switched to 2D and info gathered from HUD display, which is somewhat not elegant or realistic for that matter.   

My other wish would be of course bombs. I think we all are waiting for them. Personally I would wish however to see them having two separate aiming modes. First for unguided ones. That's something which IRIS has already succesfully implemented in their A-10 (I hope I don't get scrutanized for mentioning other vendors product. There simply is no way of pointing authors attention to code without specifying the name). More or less is just a circle in the HUD showing where at current flight trajectory bombs will impact the ground. Second aiming method for guided bombs as laser guided GBUs or GPS guided JDAMs. Ability to circle through targets with existing ctrl+U for GBUs is probably sufficient. For JDAM however some facility to select target from greater distance would be great.  

Since this is my first post on this forum just would like to say very existance not to mention quite considerable sophistication of CS Weapons is in my opinion very impressive.  Lots of people were saying it's impossible only to be proven not knowing what they talking about. I think huge number of people have been waiting for it, presumably opting for different lesser quality sims solely because of this particular FSX lack. It probably can also be expected once CSW reach multiplayer and dogfight faze, some migration back from other sims can be expected. New users always look for what is known to be the best at the moment and considering FSX graphics it will probably become the new top combat simulator.  

To be honest I knew if anyone ever going to avhieve and pioneer it in FSX, it going to be either Russians or Japanease coders. Two truely top of the class achievers, practically from always, with whom work it's not the first time and Im sure last I must say I'm truely impressed.  

IP Logged

hercdriver

Reply #31 - Sep 8th, 2011 at 1:37am
Print Post  
It would be great for multiplayer- but only if there's chaff/flares

IP Logged

wingclip

Reply #32 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Definitely 'dumb bombs for the B-52 would be crazy great!

Weapon for FSX / 737 Captain (737-200) / 767 Captain (767-300 Base Pack) / B-52 Driver / C-130 X-perience (FSX) / C-130 Extra Pack I

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #33 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 1:32am
Print Post  
I agree with you both (hercdriver and wingclip)! Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top