Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Further development - THIS TOPIC PLEASE (Read 17654 times)
Misha

Re: Further development - THIS TOPIC PLEASE
Reply #30 - Sep 7th, 2011 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Hey everyone. 
Lots of great ideas. I really like:
- exploding scenery buildings. It probably would be great if boats, vehicles and buildings could also show some damage and dissapear. Suspecting this will be difficult to implement without rewriting lots of FSX core code.  
- track IR and multiplayer support. I think track IR would be particularly welcomed since I know from online experience, nowdays most of fighter pilots but also others use it. In multiplayer mode, cockpit missle lock warning and some means to defend from attack (as chaffs and flares) would be of course great. I suspecting this will require writing separate FSX integrated Internet client, which in a sense would be really great news not only because of online combat, but also because potentially finally opening doors for online support to other additions as AI carriers and ships, victims for Search and Rescues and so forth.     
- geographical cordination attacks. I think this would work not only for Tomhawks (droped from B-1, B-52, F-117 or Tu-95) but also say Marvics or laser guided bombs high speed attacks, where you could specify target lock in advance from great distance, than fly Mach 2 over it to attack it.     

Personaly I would be glad to see two more additions. First in really not that compicated but really needed IMHO.  
Namely ability to see selected sub types of the weapons and their respective firing modes on existing CSW 2D weapon panel.  

There will always be planes to which adding CS VC HUD will be impractical. Also there always will be simmers who simply will don't want to bother with SDK. Some older planes like  F-86 Sabre, older MIGs and SUs or say WW2 fighters but also others, don't really have sufficient space in cockpit to facilitate entire HUD, sometimes at all and sometimes at least in a way which would make it clearly visible and readable. Most of those planes in real life also often didn't have any HUDs, or as the case may be, had simple ones as Sabre's Pepper spray circle which only was providing radar assistance for aiming the guns. Since for aiming CS weapons as it is right now in ver 1.0 no HUD is really necessary at all. Nose of the plane has to be simply pointed at the target and lots of addon planes has either some already existing pointing devices of their own, being either HUD, dot on winshield, alternatively spot on front window which can be memorised as such. Also because 2D panel shows already when target is locked and in range, only thing which is missing for all these planes is information which exact type of missles are selected and in what firing mode are the guns and rockets.
As for now to obtain this info, view has to be switched to 2D and info gathered from HUD display, which is somewhat not elegant or realistic for that matter.   

My other wish would be of course bombs. I think we all are waiting for them. Personally I would wish however to see them having two separate aiming modes. First for unguided ones. That's something which IRIS has already succesfully implemented in their A-10 (I hope I don't get scrutanized for mentioning other vendors product. There simply is no way of pointing authors attention to code without specifying the name). More or less is just a circle in the HUD showing where at current flight trajectory bombs will impact the ground. Second aiming method for guided bombs as laser guided GBUs or GPS guided JDAMs. Ability to circle through targets with existing ctrl+U for GBUs is probably sufficient. For JDAM however some facility to select target from greater distance would be great.  

Since this is my first post on this forum just would like to say very existance not to mention quite considerable sophistication of CS Weapons is in my opinion very impressive.  Lots of people were saying it's impossible only to be proven not knowing what they talking about. I think huge number of people have been waiting for it, presumably opting for different lesser quality sims solely because of this particular FSX lack. It probably can also be expected once CSW reach multiplayer and dogfight faze, some migration back from other sims can be expected. New users always look for what is known to be the best at the moment and considering FSX graphics it will probably become the new top combat simulator.  

To be honest I knew if anyone ever going to avhieve and pioneer it in FSX, it going to be either Russians or Japanease coders. Two truely top of the class achievers, practically from always, with whom work it's not the first time and Im sure last I must say I'm truely impressed.  

IP Logged

hercdriver

Reply #31 - Sep 8th, 2011 at 1:37am
Print Post  
It would be great for multiplayer- but only if there's chaff/flares

IP Logged

wingclip

Reply #32 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Definitely 'dumb bombs for the B-52 would be crazy great!

Weapon for FSX / 737 Captain (737-200) / 767 Captain (767-300 Base Pack) / B-52 Driver / C-130 X-perience (FSX) / C-130 Extra Pack I

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #33 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 1:32am
Print Post  
I agree with you both (hercdriver and wingclip)! Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top