Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 V1.1 Tweak List (Read 11620 times)
HvyEng

V1.1 Tweak List
Dec 16th, 2010 at 1:26am
Print Post  
V1.1 Tweak List

This list is the items I have stumbled across that are inaccuracies or issues that fit into the realm of a “fun” line. This isn’t meant to be a wish list for other versions.

(By the way, this is technically a hybrid “G” and “H” flight deck, as indicated by the lack of both a central caution panel and water injection panel)

Model / Coding issues--------------

Indicated airspeed indicator “10” units center strip inoperative
IFF Mode 3/A inoperative, doesn’t update with auto tune or respond to inputs
Slipway Doors switch not connected to slipway doors
Both tip-tank fuel gauges indicate “external 1” quantity only
Both tip-tank fuel gauges indicate quantity incorrectly
Fuel gauges using wrong total quantity markings and gauge movements
Hydraulic Standby pumps inoperative
EPR gauges inaccurate (FSX native issue)
Volts and cycle select switch should indicate volts and freqs for a generator with the generator switch on and the generator decoupled.
Stabilizer trim visual operates backwards
Oxygen Regulator should have a white blinker, not a green light
Oxygen Guage should show pressure all of the time, not just with regulator switch on.
Gyrocompas shouldn't have runway graphic displayed
***Missing upper anticollision lights
***Vne Pointer should be at 390IAS

Visual Issues----------------

***A/R Lights say “Airplans”
***Hydraulics panel has “Taileron” and Radder”
***EVS Control has “FLEER” switch
***Circuit Breakers have “Radder” and Hydrauliv”
***Fuel panel has “STR” tank
***Fuel flow lines missing
***Fuel tank valve switches missing flow bars
***"RUD/LEV" lights should be "RUD/ELEV"
***Wafer switches unlit
***Circuit Breakers shouldn’t have “white dots”
***Circuit Breakers shouldn’t be lit
***Electrical panel has central “tip” bus (should be tie)
***Volts and cycles select switch has central “tip” bus (should be tie)]
***Gear centering wheel mismarked
(I’m working on correcting the rest visual problems now)

***User corrected files already available, not yet released

Anyone have anything else?

--Dan

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: V1.1 Tweak List
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Impressive list but why call it "tweak"?
Name it bug list, collect comments on the items and drop tickets like a B-52 would drop bombs to allow the work on them.
Captain Sim will surely go for it as seen on the other planes things. They just need constructive feedback like yours and some time.

Looking at my watch, this year's time runs out a bit, so no hurry here in my eyes.
Again, great list and I'll have to find time myself to go through some items there if you like.
One thing that makes me wonder though. Why are there so many typos around the flightdeck?  Shocked

IP Logged

TurbofanDude

Programmer, B-52H and
737NG Lover

Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2010 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Also

*There are holes in the cockpit on the Captain and Copilot's side (see attached picture)
*The switches on the walls have odd flickering rims that shouldn't be there.

As well, I'm submitting a ticket for all of these to make sure Captain Sim gets it.

cs_cockpit_errors.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Thank You,&&Collin Biedenkapp,&&&&<div class="scroll" style="float: left; font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana,sans-serif; overflow: auto; max-height: 200px; width: 99%;"><br><br><a href="http://www.captainsim.com/" target="_blank">Web Site</a> | <a href="http://www.captainsim.com/support/" target="_b
IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2010 at 1:44am
Print Post  
A couple of things, fuel related:
My number one engine is consuming some 400lbs/hr more fuel than the other 7 with similar throttle settings (60% at cruise) and other variables aligned.

It would be handy to be able to remove the co-pilots yoke to gain access to the fuel panels or give us a camera view of them.

I’m not sure where the No 1 and 2 engines are getting fuel with all manifold valves closed and engines running from their respective Main and Aux Tanks. The Port Aux tank does not drain in this configuration, does in some others!

The Port and Stbd Tip and Ext tanks continue to drain (somewhere) although they are isolated. I assume the Ext tanks pump into the Tip tanks in real life.

You can see the isolators are closed:

I have written a little xml program for diagnostics and other things I use on many aircraft which displays fuel quantity and taken two snap shots a minute or so apart.

Port Tip+Ext drained 21 lbs
Port Main drained 44 lbs
Port Aux drained 0 lbs

Stbd Aux drained 34 lbs
Stbd Main drained 44 lbs
Stbd Tip+Ext drained 21 lbs

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #4 - Jan 2nd, 2011 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
I experience a mismatch between the "Total Fuel Flow Indicator" and the individual values from each engine. The total FF is indicated too low.

The FO's instruments are bound to Nav 1 only, if CS could make them separate like on the 707, this would make some navigational tasks easier and more realistic.

The FO's altimeter pointer doesn't move, only the digits roll up congruently to the Captain's.

The No. 1 engine sometimes has other readings than #2, as Lost in Isaan stated before. I only add this "sometimes" to it as she seems to be in line again at other throttle positions.
As we all know, No. 1 and 2 are coupled, so individual throttle movements can't happen there due to the internal FSX operation (using the eight engines in pairs of two to actually make them fit to the 4 engine model in FSX).
I wonder what causes No. 1 to sometimes go for individual values then.

IP Logged

N85988

Reply #5 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 5:50am
Print Post  
I would also like to see the EVS turrets open when the EVS control panel is turned on.  Very few buffs fly with the STV and/or FLIR turrets closed.  Also,  with the "driver" addon,  the bomb doors close too slowly.  With the the external model release,  they closed just the right speed.   Not now.  They take way too long to open and close.   Speaking of the doors,  it would also be nice to have the hydraulic actuator rods for the doors included,  since the doors are modeled with the attachment points for these rods.   This is just my two cents worth.  I really love this plane.  Captain Sim did an awesome job with this bird.

Well, Back to Flying...
Monica

IP Logged

GDex

Reply #6 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 1:44am
Print Post  
In order to fully understand and make use of the Fuel Management System, I have done a series of tests. Specifically these tests have allowed me to determine which valves work with which tank and/or engine, and which switches are required to allow starting a given engine from any given tank.

In performing these tests, I ran into a few issues which I suggest Captain Sim could easily fix up in the manual, with issue V1.1 of the software. Following are these suggestions:

1.      There is one more tank (AFTY BODY) in the fuel panel than there is in the FSX fuel loading tool. By trial and error, I have found that the FSX Center 3 tank fills both the MID BODY and the AFT BODY tanks equally. However, I assume that the fuel in the AFT BODY tank is not really available, since both tanks empty together. Suggest an explanation in the manual.

2.      The total Fuel Quantity Indicator provides an erroneous reading.

3.      Fuel Panel STR WING tank should read CTR WING.

4.      On the aircraft panel, there is a number next to each fuel management switch, and in the manual, there are also numbers in red for most of these switches. I suggest changing the numbers in the manual to match the numbers on the panel.

5.      Some switches have only one or no line going into/out of them. These are Nos. 9, 10, 11, 14, 12, 16 (these are the numbers on the panel, not in the manual). I suggest adding the missing lines.

6.      The panel number corresponding to switch No. 29 in the manual is partly hidden by the switch itself; suggest moving the number up slightly to make it visible (I think it is 29 since that is the only number not used, but please confirm).

7.      Switch No. 13 in the manual does not have a number on the panel; believe it is 15. Suggest adding the number on the panel.

8.      Switch 14 on the panel has “AFT BODY” written next to it, but the AFT BODY Tank is really controlled by switch 29 (manual number). I believe the “AFT BODY” text on the panel really refers to the gauge below it. Suggest adding a note to this effect in the manual.

9.      There are 4 switches (23, 26, 37, 40) that are listed immediately below the figure in page 23, but there is no explanatory text below, as there is for the other switches. Suggest adding appropriate text.

10.      Four switches (Nos. 9, 10, 11 and 12 on the panel) are not numbered in the manual and no text task about them. I also noticed that these 4 switches have no apparent functions. Possibly their real-life effect is not modeled in the B-52 Driver. Suggest a note to that effect in the manual.

11.      There are surprising requirements to start certain engines from certain tanks. For example, to start Engines 1 & 2 from Main Tank 2, valves 20 and 13 must be open. I can understand # 20, but why 13 instead of 19? 19 would appear to me more logical to me. Suggest a table showing the association between valves, tanks and engines. In a short flight requiring less than all tanks to be filled, or in a long flight when various tanks become empty, it would be useful to know which valves should be closed and which must be open.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #7 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Thank you for your input but this forum is not for technical support.
If you want your report to be forwarded to development team for consideration please check-in to Your Profile then click Product Name > Customer Support > to submit a Ticket. Thank you for cooperation.

IP Logged

GDex

Reply #8 - Jan 4th, 2011 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Tanya

I have submitted a ticket as you suggested, however the reason I posted my comments in the forum is because my suggestions fit squarely in the V1.1 Tweak List.

Thank you.

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #9 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
I have to agree with GDex in this case. We members and customers need to have the opportunity to compare notes and make public suggestions, not really support as such. Whether the CS Management take actions on what is presented here is up to them.

Now after saying that the comments at the end of my last post here, with the screenshots, are not correct and can be ignored. I did not carry out tests over a long enough period of time the lag after switching appears to be up to 10 Gallons.

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

crashbar

Reply #10 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
It's been almost 2 months since anyone posted anything, any news on how much longer until Patch 1.1 is out?

Crashbar

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #11 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Did you check that small tweak package from Collin and HvyEng? It's really worth a try and fixes quite some stuff while even giving you a nice B-52 takeoff attitude then.
Try it, it's easy to install.

IP Logged

crashbar

Reply #12 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
I did see that and downloaded it, and it works great.  However since CS said they would be able to show the wings in VC view with the patch, I'm checking everyday for it lol.  Mabie CS could release a small patch that would include this!  Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #13 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 11:01am
Print Post  
They spoke about a patch for the wings? Where?
The last statement I can remember is a too high polygon count when the wings would be enabled from the VC, so they eventually will stay off.
Not a big problem for me as one has to turn his head a quite large amount for being able to see the wing's outer lights.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #14 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 11:35am
Print Post  
I saw the video and I'm looking forward to the update. You can see the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2xF0qkiGmk
Captain Sim mention it being in the 1.1 update in a response to a comment.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top