Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Issues - open cockpit windows and starting engines (Read 16810 times)
corkyo4

Issues - open cockpit windows and starting engines
Dec 14th, 2010 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Hi all,

Just brought the B52 driver and am having some issues with it.

Firstly i notice that the copckpit windows are open after i load the aircraft. Clicking the window plays the open/closing window sound but the window doesnt move.

Second, starting the engines - i start engines 1 and 2 and the only way i can get it to run is to hold down ctrl+shift+f4 this allows the engine to run but when i let go of those buttons the engines stop.

Starting engines 3-8 seems ok, however once they are running i try and start engines 1 and 2 again and all engines then shut down.

Any ideas? i have followed a number of guides on here that state how to get the thing running but im having no luck.

Tom

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Issues - open cockpit windows and starting engines
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Hi.

Your answer is HERE.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

slamdunk316

Panel State at startup
Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 1:22am
Print Post  
Hello:

Captain sim keeps getting better and better.  The graphics quality and detail are amazing! Just bought BUFF.  My question is when I select the B-52 I notice that both pilot and co-pilot windows are open.  I had the same issue with my 727.  Is it normal for these two windows to be open?  I cannot get them closed.  I also cannot get engines started and have followed both manual instructions and advice from forum.  I'm thinking these two things are related.  Any opinions?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Panel State at startup
Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Mine are nearly always closed and I don't have any trouble opening or closing them, even if they are open when it first loads.

But...With that said...When I tried multiplayer, they were open and couldn't close them at all. The only thing I never checked was that I didn't notice them open until I was at 11000 feet, so it could have been because I was flying at 450+ knots, but I doubt it.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

slamdunk316

Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Thanks,

I'm sure the windows should be closed.  When it happened with my 727 I re-installed it and it was okay.  That didn't happen this time.  Has anyone else had this problem?

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6381 added to the Knowledge Base.
Please check-in to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6381.

IP Logged

slamdunk316

Reply #6 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Will try another re-install.  Thanks!

IP Logged

upgrayedd

Reply #7 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 1:58am
Print Post  
Bump.

Same exact issues here. I'll copy/paste my entries from the support ticket I started:

Quote:
When loading the BUFF(either in cold and dark, or ready for takeoff saved situations that came with the package) the engines either wont start(in the cold and dark) or immediately cuts out(the ready for takeoff).

Also: as soon as the aircraft loads, the windows slide open and the control column doesn't move. Throttles move fine. Viewing from outside, the landing gear trucks and wheels are about 30 degrees thingy-eyed. **

Don't know if these are related problems. Ive tried 2 re-installs and no help.

Quote:
Just found an exact match to my problem in the Knowledge Base:

"A: This is exactly how the model protection works. That means something is wrong with the product activation.
Please try to reinstall the product using your Order Number. "

I've re-downloaded the installer and the installer never asks me for my Order Number. It only did for the very first install, and not for any of the 5 or so subsequent re-installs.

Quote:
Sunday update:

I've run the uninstaller tool for the CS B-52, deleted my FSX.cfg file, removed all "CaptainSim" entries from registry, re-downloaded the installer version 1.0, entered my product number during the install process when prompted, completed re-intsall of the CS B-52, ran FSX, selected the "Cleared for takeoff (KNKX)" situation from the FSX "load flight" menu and....

...it still doesn't work.

Is there anybody who had this problem and eventually fixed it? During my search, I've seen a few threads where people had this problem and none of them seemed to get it working. It's worth mentioning that I had a similar problem with the PMDG747-400X and got it working by deleting the FSX.cfg, uninstalling and re-installing. That didn't work here.

eta: LOL at the auto-censors **

IP Logged

DanM

Reply #8 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
I certainly have been experiencing the self-opening Captain (and First Officer) window problem. When I initially installed B-52 Driver, Windows 7 Home Premium issued a warning that the software may not have registered properly. I uninstalled, cleared the folder from the registry, redownloaded, and reinstalled running as Administrator. The problem persists.

If I start a flight with the default Cessna and then switch to the B-52, I get closed windows. But saving that flight after the B-52 is present with closed windows does no good. As soon as the flight is reopened, the B-52's windows open themselves.

I just purchased B-52 driver a couple of days ago. I haven't had time to determine if there are other problems. I've been trying to fix the sliding window problem.

Dan

IP Logged

DanM

Reply #9 - Feb 23rd, 2011 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
The B-52 cockpit windows will close if the user clicks once and waits. It takes 6-7 seconds for the Captain's window to close on my computer system. The First Officer's window takes around 28-30 seconds. Another user has reported a delay of around 45 seconds. I'm just glad the windows can be closed.

IP Logged

MustanGrande

Reply #10 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 6:29am
Print Post  
I had this same problem when flying the B-52 in multiplayer.  The windows loaded open and while they played the sound effect when clicked, they didn't move.  However, about 5 minutes into the climb, the windows suddenly closed on their own. 

In addition, in multiplayer, the transponder wasn't squawking the correct code, and the autopilot wasn't following the heading bug. 

Maybe some systems just behave oddly in MP?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #11 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 9:01am
Print Post  
MustanGrande wrote on Mar 6th, 2011 at 6:29am:
 The windows loaded open and while they played the sound effect when clicked, they didn't move.  However, about 5 minutes into the climb, the windows suddenly closed on their own.

I had that happen in FSX with a normal flight. Once only. It has never happened again. If the windows are open when I start, closing them about 5 - 10 seconds.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

MustanGrande

Reply #12 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Mar 6th, 2011 at 9:01am:
MustanGrande wrote on Mar 6th, 2011 at 6:29am:
 The windows loaded open and while they played the sound effect when clicked, they didn't move.  However, about 5 minutes into the climb, the windows suddenly closed on their own.

I had that happen in FSX with a normal flight. Once only. It has never happened again. If the windows are open when I start, closing them about 5 - 10 seconds.

Mark

Very odd.  Have you ever had any issues with the autopilot?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #13 - Mar 6th, 2011 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
I always have to turn the AP off to switch modes, like when trying to switch between Heading Hold and TACAN, when the Mode Selector knob goes berko and twitches like crazy. And once I turn it off, I can't extinguish the Autopilot Inactive light, I have to turn it on and off a few times for the light to extinguish. That's about it with the AP issues though.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

MustanGrande

Reply #14 - Mar 7th, 2011 at 12:19am
Print Post  
I second the autopilot inactive light issue.  Can't shut it off once it comes on.  Problem I had was that the autopilot wasn't engaging the heading hold channel, in any mode, be it TACAN, VOR, heading bug mode, (MAN) etc, etc.  Altitude hold was working just fine though, so I just used that and flew my headings old-school.  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top