B-52 Questions (Read 4019 times)
TurbofanDude

Programmer, B-52H and
737NG Lover

B-52 Questions
Dec 13th, 2010 at 2:34am
Print Post  
Alright,
  Maybe I sound like a noob, but, I have a few operational questions about the B-52. Here goes:
1:Where is the transponder, how do I set it, how do I set my Squawk, and is there any kind of "mode-C" or TCAS system?
2:How do I get the plane to follow a flight plan, use VORs, and ILS approaches (I need detailed, step by step, for an idiot, instructions here) if I've got the flight plan loaded and the VOR freqs. in hand
3:How do I arm the drag chute to deploy on landing?
4:How do I set the nav radios
5:What is TACAN and how do I use it?
6: Do the weapons switches work? i.e. if I hit the AIM arm buttons and all that, does it do anyting?
7:Is it possible to do an in-flight refuel
8:I get this odd light on the right external fuel tank panel
9:What is the RADAR ALTITUDE warning the appears on the panel while under 200 feet or so?
10:how do I open the bomb doors and re-fuel hatch from the cockpit?

PS: I am extremely experience in 737 sims, to the point where I won't need much training when using the another company NGX, I'm just not as good at military planes!
Thanks in Advance,
Collin Biedenkapp

Thank You,&&Collin Biedenkapp,&&&&<div class="scroll" style="float: left; font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana,sans-serif; overflow: auto; max-height: 200px; width: 99%;"><br><br><a href="http://www.captainsim.com/" target="_blank">Web Site</a> | <a href="http://www.captainsim.com/support/" target="_b
IP Logged

jbntx

Re: B-52 Questions
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2010 at 4:40am
Print Post  
Just about every question you've asked is explained in the Manual Part II,
Aircraft and Systems.  That's how I answered all my questions.

You can't drop bombs without an add-on program that does that.
I don't know about the re-fuel.
Google TACAN, it can get complicated.
Radar Altitude is your altitude above the ground.

Everything else is the manual.
It's too complicated to re-print the manual in this forum.

IP Logged

TurbofanDude

Programmer, B-52H and
737NG Lover

Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2010 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
OK, I looked the manual over, and it seems I've answered questions 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 9. The rest isn't in the manual, please help me!

Thank You,&&Collin Biedenkapp,&&&&<div class="scroll" style="float: left; font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana,sans-serif; overflow: auto; max-height: 200px; width: 99%;"><br><br><a href="http://www.captainsim.com/" target="_blank">Web Site</a> | <a href="http://www.captainsim.com/support/" target="_b
IP Logged

HvyEng

Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Howdy,

1. Next to the pilots left hand on the console. Use the Mode 3/A windows. No TCAS.
7. Search for ifr_gauge.zip at your usual download sites. The authors are Andy Niko and Jivko Rusev, install it and find some AI traffic or multiplayer and go at it. Just be aware, they made the contact window pretty much the real size. AR is probably the most difficult thing you will ever do as a pilot, good luck.
8. The fuel panel light is essentially an out of sequence warning, don’t worry about it right now. The current cfg file has the fuel setup so that you really can’t get the CG out of range, and I very seriously doubt if wing flutter is modeled. If a full systems model for the fuel is developed, that light will be important.
10. The bomb doors are tied to the bomb door switch in the VC, pull the pilots yoke back and look down to see it. The slipway doors are not tied to the VC switch, just use the popup window.

Hope it helps,
--Dan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top