Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 bad day for me to day (Read 17835 times)
nath2889

bad day for me to day
Dec 1st, 2010 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
well were to start
at the moment i wont be taking any more requests for repaints as my laptop had a massive fit today and is now shutting down at random points (think i killed this one too) lol
i have tried every thing to fix it but i guess thats what you get for buying second hand stuff and i cant replace this one when it finally goes (shame because i do enjoy painting FSX aircraft)

any way i will try to finish all outstanding repaints if i can keep this thing alive long enough
and ill just have to see what happens in the new year

i will pop in to the forums now and then if i can get on line and thank you to all of you for downloading my paints  Cheesy

IP Logged

balus

Re: bad day for me to day
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 5:19am
Print Post  
That's sad - if you can give us some more information on the symptoms perhaps some here can help?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 6:26am
Print Post  
It's a pity you can't get a new one. Or even another second hand one. You obviously need a lot more "cups of coffee"! Sad

As balus said, if you give more info, maybe we can help you to get it working properly again.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 8:54am
Print Post  
its a HP Pavilion dv5 and its giving me hell its been formatted 3 times this week
the screen keeps flickering to the point i cant see what I'm doing so looks like it needs a new one.

was over heating after 10mins surfing on net or using my photo shop and shutting down that part solved by putting a big fan behind laptop to keep it cool

now it just random shut downs some times with blue screen of death and some times with windows message saying some thing about an illegal operation then zap of it goes

and the latest thing when i hit the power button to start it up the lights come on but nothing happens for 45 mins to a hr till the fan goes mad then i turn it off and back on it then boots up

i think i killed it lol

IP Logged

balus

Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Sounds like a fan or drive - pity you're the other side of the world Smiley

Next time you get a blue screen write down the STOP message, not all of it, just the STOP 0x000000xx where x is a number - but i would lay odds on overheating, although I find that surprising in the UK at present Smiley

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #5 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:41am
Print Post  
the fan was looked at a few months ago when it started with the shutting down as i thought it was this but new fan installed and still shuts down confused lol
and due to it taking 45mins to a hr to let me get it to boot in sound like some hardware is failing inside on the forums for my starting up problem looks like it could be the Bord on its way out as i know its not the HDD as it had a new one of them as well not to long ago

lets face it it just doesn't like me painting day in day out 7 days a week its going on strike lol

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:58am
Print Post  
just had a crash and it went so fast all i got was 0xA ill see if i can get the full code next time

EDIT i got this much this time STOP: 0x0000000a

and this one just poped up
STOP 0XC00000221 ans some thing about CPU again the screen dont stay up long enough for me to wright it all down

IP Logged

balus

Reply #7 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:40am
Print Post  
ok - could be a driver, or with the 2nd STOP, a pagefile or disk problem.

Have you installed anything new lately?

If you have then go to the last known good config

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307852

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #8 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:48am
Print Post  
no nothing it got reformated last night for the 3rd time this week and still all the problems contune

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #9 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:52am
Print Post  
all i have on this paper weight this morning is op system and my anti virus thats it and i have taken the virus off still problems figer that out as im compleatly stumped

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Hi Nathan.

If you've got a couple minutes after you start before the Blue Screen Of Death. Do this:

Click on START, RIGHT click on My Computer.
Select Properties from the menu box.
After the System Properties box shows, click on the Advanced Tab.
Then in the Startup and Recovery section, click on Settings button.
UNCHECK the Automatic Restart and then click on OK to close the, then on OK again to close the System Properties box.
(see image for a bit of a guide)

Next time you get the BSOD, the screen will remain and you can get all the information displaying on the screen. To continue after that, press the power button to shut it down.

Mark

SystemStartup.JPG (Attachment deleted)

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Edwin

Reply #11 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
random restarts.. maybe during the overheating something maybe damaged.. could be the CPU itself that has been overheated and damaged.

found this when googling around:
http://getsatisfaction.com/hp/topics/hp_pavilion_dv5000_random_shutdown_problem

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #12 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
i that may be the case Edwin as i have formatted 3 times and still shuts down and that with the starting up problem i don't think the CPU is well lol and not easy to fix on a laptop other than to spend a fortune in sending out to get fixed
so i think its going to be a paper weight soon lol
but thanks for all the help guys ill just have to start a little jar for a new comp fund and hope i get enough for a replacemant before the summer  Cheesy

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #13 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Sad news, Nathan. I hope there are some chances left to fix your current hardware.
Maybe you have got some fellow electronics guy around who can look for the cooling system again and maybe test some things to find a culprit.
I doubt that the whole system is lost but as laptops are one dense packed accumulation of things that work at higher idle temps to avoid big cooling devices, one thing seems to breaks the chain here.

A had some desktop systems going to heavens bit by bit and one usually starts to first find: the faulty device and second: replace or disable it to keep the rest running.
So maybe "just" e. g. the USB controller, the one for the disks or some other chip is ending his life now and currently triggers the rest to go with him.

You plan b task now is to take part in every lottery of this planet where they at least offer some new laptops.  Cheesy

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #14 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
its just a pain lol as i cant get much done at the moment with it as it is so I'm of out in a mo to the comp shop down the road and spend £75 just to have it looked at to find out whats going on with it so if i find out to day ill let you know but for now i think the prognosis is not good lol

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #15 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Dude your repaints are awesome its a shame for you to get hindered with the tech problems you are having

so in my opinion and I'm sorry if this offends ppl but if most of you think of the amount of free repaints he has done and the fact that if you request some thing he dose it fictional or not (not many painters that would do fictional)
and some times dose it quick
so just think of how many aircraft repaints you have of his sat in your hanger
i think its about time we all showed some respect for this guy and start donating some coffee to get him back up and running
i for one would miss his repaints and he has done so many for me from WW2 - modern day

so Nath gunner drop you a 20 in your coffee fund mate  get back up and running soon

I GOT LOTS OF PAINTS I WANT YOU TO DO  Cheesy

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #16 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
well thank you for your support sam i didnt know you loved my work that much.

any way news update the chip set is messed up on the motherbord cpu is cooked and a few other things all in all lots of thing need fixing and he is suprised its still going so dont worry if i dont come back one day it will be that the laptop went to the scrap heep in the sky but as soon is i get a replacement i will be back and painting like mad and by then Captain sims will have lots of NEW aircraft for me to paint  Wink

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #17 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
that is one f*8ked up laptop any way i just payed you the 20
and i can only hope and pray that every one who has ever downloaded your repaints and loved them puts a little cash in your pot
but then again only time will tell  Sad

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #18 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
thanks Wink

IP Logged

balus

Reply #19 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
I'm not convinced yet. Smiley Do you have a live linux cd that you can boot from. If not go to http://www.darnsmalllinux.org/ and follow the links to download. Burn the image to a CD and then boot it - DON'T INSTALL IT. You should be able to use a browser and a few other things and see if the machine will stay running outside of Windows.

Umm, the forum censor has changed the first part of the URL - instead of darn it should be d a m n - without the spaces of course

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #20 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
linux i dont think that will work if he has a fan to the back of the laptop and suffer shut downs its now a software problem its hardware

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #21 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
and this will work with out booting up vista

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #22 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
I'm telling you its not going to work you will get the same problems
if your CPU and the chip set are damaged using another OS will not work

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #23 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
ill try any thing once ill be back when its done

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #24 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
ok ill tell you how i went and see if you can find out what went wrong

step one restarted laptop with lenex small in cd drive chaged to boot from cd restart

cd drive kicks in fan starts to go nuts laptop turns of faild to boot

turned power on caps lock and num lock flash constanly no hdd respons turned power off

waited 15 mins turned power on same thing cap lock light and num lock light flash no responce from hdd (now i get this every day when i go to power up some times it can take 45mins just leaving it powerd on till fan gose nuts turn off then every thing boots in) same applied this time

boots in comp turns off no error just compleat off
let it cool of with the fan on back tryed boot again caps lock num lock light flash no response from hdd

left on for around 15 - 20 mins had cup tea f*g turned off laptop and back on laptop boots up ran for 20 mins with big fan behind it then zap off it went tryed boot with vista same thing
now up and going have had 2 ferther crash no errors justy compleat of and not wanting to start up any idias as im pulling my hear out now

IP Logged

balus

Reply #25 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
samurai wrote on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 8:21pm:

One of the stop messages that was posted earlier relates to potential driver or hard drive issues, not the fan. All I am trying to do here with the linux CD is eliminate Windows and it's various drivers as the cause. It may well still fail, but at least then we will know that it is in fact a hardware issue. Then fun begins, isolating the hardware  Smiley

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #26 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
just dont ask me to take any thing out as its a laptop and not meny parts come out lol

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #27 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
this will be fun

IP Logged

balus

Reply #28 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
balus wrote on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:49pm:
samurai wrote on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 8:21pm:

One of the stop messages that was posted earlier relates to potential driver or hard drive issues, not the fan. All I am trying to do here with the linux CD is eliminate Windows and it's various drivers as the cause. It may well still fail, but at least then we will know that it is in fact a hardware issue. Then fun begins, isolating the hardware  Smiley

Ok, now we're having fun Smiley

Are you able to remove the hard drive? Can you also let me know the full model name, I know it is an HP Pavillion dv5 but there should be a couple of other numbers or letters after that. I'll see if I can locate a service manual for it.

If you can remove the drive, try booting the from the CD again.

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #29 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
nath2889 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:46pm:
ok ill tell you how i went and see if you can find out what went wrong

step one restarted laptop with lenex small in cd drive chaged to boot from cd restart

cd drive kicks in fan starts to go nuts laptop turns of faild to boot

turned power on caps lock and num lock flash constanly no hdd respons turned power off

waited 15 mins turned power on same thing cap lock light and num lock light flash no responce from hdd (now i get this every day when i go to power up some times it can take 45mins just leaving it powerd on till fan gose nuts turn off then every thing boots in) same applied this time

boots in comp turns off no error just compleat off
let it cool of with the fan on back tryed boot again caps lock num lock light flash no response from hdd

left on for around 15 - 20 mins had cup tea f*g turned off laptop and back on laptop boots up ran for 20 mins with big fan behind it then zap off it went tryed boot with vista same thing
now up and going have had 2 ferther crash no errors justy compleat of and not wanting to start up any idias as im pulling my hear out now

if you got problems like that have you tryed google for salutions

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #30 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:56pm
Print Post  

If you can remove the drive, try booting the from the CD again. [/quote]

give me a mo ill get full model then try the hdd out

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #31 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
its a dv5 1211em

going to try the hdd thing  be back when it lets me

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #32 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
i found this on a forum would this be your problem
CMNetworx replied 1 year ago
Although in some scenarios resetting the bios may solve your problem.. In most cases the problem is your video card which unfortunately is integrated into the motherboard. The video card will not post (show a display) because it has failed. This seems to be a relatively common problem in the DV5000 to DV9000 range of hp laptops. I have ran into 3 identical scenarios in the same week, and one of the new motherboards did the same thing after one day. Supposedly one of the main reasons that the video cards in this particular series fail has to do with the heat from the processors heatsink passing across the video card.

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #33 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
ok he isn't back yet i don't think it was the HDD in my opinion it going to be the graphics or the processor
taking betts now

IP Logged

balus

Reply #34 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
samurai wrote on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:15pm:
ok he isn't back yet i don't think it was the HDD in my opinion it going to be the graphics or the processor
taking betts now

You may well be right, however diagnostics is a process of elimination, humour me, I've only been doing this for 25 years  Grin

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #35 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
ok tryed with no hdd no responce from laptop lights flashed no one home
waited powerd up again same thing fan kicked in cd went to kick in fan went nuts shut off
replaced hdd waited powerd on same thing turend of powerd on booted in

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #36 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
i not sure how long this thing is going to last lol

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #37 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
what os you on now

IP Logged

balus

Reply #38 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
nath2889 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:34pm:
i not sure how long this thing is going to last lol

ok - well it was worth a shot, if it isn't under warranty then it may be time for a new machine. Sorry I couldn't have helped further.

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #39 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
its on vista at the moment i missed the hit to boot from cd key and im not about to stop a boot in with this thing cuz i never know when it will let me get back on again

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #40 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
thanks balus for the help i would try any thing to keep this going insted of spending out for a new one but i think its not ment to be Cry

but any way thanks for all you have done for me to day

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #41 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
you can pic a new one up for around £400-500 now that will do the trick

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #42 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
if i had that kind of money i would get one but unfortunatly i cant

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #43 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
of to plan a bank job see you all in 6-10 lol

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #44 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
I'd say your CPU is overheating and shutting down to protect itself from further damage. Sad

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #45 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
its been doing it for a while now just now its geting worse some days i don't think its going to boot up
the thing is one day it wont lol im not having much luck just lately

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #46 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
like i said i think every one that had repaints from you should get that loos change out of the pockets or from behind the sofa and put some on your buy me a coffee fund

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #47 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
nath2889 wrote on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:17pm:
its been doing it for a while now just now its geting worse some days i don't think its going to boot up
the thing is one day it wont lol im not having much luck just lately

Yep. That's how it works. It starts getting hot as soon as it gets power, sometimes it is already to hot to get into your OS.

And as you have said. One day it just won't boot up at all. That is what they do. Unfortunately.

Maybe we should see how much money we can get you by donating to your coffee fund. I know I still owe you more coffee (I haven't bought the coffee bean field in Brazil yet. My bad). Embarrassed

Mark.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #48 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
lol the coffee field i forgot about that well can you throw in a nice Brazilian girl as well  Cheesy

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #49 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
why a brisilian girl

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #50 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
can't tell ya this is a pg site lol

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #51 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
you would never get any repaints done

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #52 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
yeah i would ill always have time for repaints lol

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #53 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Thank you mark that coffee field you got me it will help out abit

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #54 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
ok i take it markoz just helped you out a bit now thats two of us who is going to donate now come on people

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #55 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
ok looks like Nath2889 has gone of line or laptop crashed again so lets start a save the The Nath fund

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #56 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
I wish it could have been more Nathan, but I bought two new addon aircraft this week. I had to pick an amount that my Credit Card would let through (I also get a transfer fee to foreign currencies) with what was left on it.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #57 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
sorry crashed again
mark thank you for what you sent i think that is more than enought for repaints

oh and sam chill out

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #58 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 12:03am
Print Post  
chill out ha lol
come on the amount of repaints you have done i think its about time ppl start donating something for your work
plus it would be a shame to loos such a talinted man and a active painter
you are more active than most

IP Logged

asanal

Reply #59 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 4:11am
Print Post  
If you can open "PAYPAL" account and put in your website we  can give a"donation" to fix your problem. You have done great job   for all of us.

Sanal

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #60 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 8:29am
Print Post  
he dose and has done for a long time have buy me a coffe buttons on most pages on his website
Go to his web site http://nathansfsxrepaints.co.uk/#/home/4537255975 and click on the orange button that says Buy me a coffee.....
all oringe buttons are linked to pay pal

so come on ppl start puting a little some thing in

IP Logged

balus

Reply #61 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 11:21am
Print Post  
I'm sorry, I must be the only person who doesn't know this person - I was just trying to help a fellow simmer.

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #62 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 11:38am
Print Post  
im trying to help him out too he has be painting fsx aircrat for two years and i have been a big fan all the time and its a shame for him to just stop due to tech proplems

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #63 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
balus wrote on Dec 3rd, 2010 at 11:21am:
I'm sorry, I must be the only person who doesn't know this person - I was just trying to help a fellow simmer.

and thank you for your help in trying to sort out my problem

and sam thank you for your help but please CHILL OUT

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #64 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
well i think its time people start puting some thing in to ur fund
as i did a count of repaints you have done for Captain Sims aircraft

total is 220 repaints
78-c-130s
87-727
7-767-300
3-767-200
16-707 300
29-b52

edit: total repaints on your site including non CS repaints IS 416 FSX repaints

edit:edit: and the site hits on your home page say you have had 41930 people visit your site thats 41930 free loaders taking what they want with out so much of a coffee  Angry

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #65 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
sam your scearing me now lol

and thank you asanal Wink

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #66 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
BOO lol

IP Logged

David Zill

Reply #67 - Dec 6th, 2010 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
I had a Fujitsu Lifebook some years ago, it was my first and last laptop I had. Laptops used for anything other than surfing the internet or wordprocessing overheat so easy. They are very compact with virtually no room for air circulation. The CPU's are virtually under full load stress under any condition. I melted a harddrive and burned 2 cpu's just by playing fsx with minimum graphic sttings etc...

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 4.05GHZ&&XFX nForce 780i SLI Motherboard&&(2) EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ 1GB   SLI Video Cards&&OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) @833Mhz/ 5-4-4-15/2T&&&&

IP Logged

samurai

Reply #68 - Dec 7th, 2010 at 10:59am
Print Post  
you up and running yet

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top