Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
 25 bad day for me to day (Read 17833 times)
nath2889

bad day for me to day
Dec 1st, 2010 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
well were to start
at the moment i wont be taking any more requests for repaints as my laptop had a massive fit today and is now shutting down at random points (think i killed this one too) lol
i have tried every thing to fix it but i guess thats what you get for buying second hand stuff and i cant replace this one when it finally goes (shame because i do enjoy painting FSX aircraft)

any way i will try to finish all outstanding repaints if i can keep this thing alive long enough
and ill just have to see what happens in the new year

i will pop in to the forums now and then if i can get on line and thank you to all of you for downloading my paints  Cheesy

IP Logged

balus

Re: bad day for me to day
Reply #1 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 5:19am
Print Post  
That's sad - if you can give us some more information on the symptoms perhaps some here can help?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 6:26am
Print Post  
It's a pity you can't get a new one. Or even another second hand one. You obviously need a lot more "cups of coffee"! Sad

As balus said, if you give more info, maybe we can help you to get it working properly again.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #3 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 8:54am
Print Post  
its a HP Pavilion dv5 and its giving me hell its been formatted 3 times this week
the screen keeps flickering to the point i cant see what I'm doing so looks like it needs a new one.

was over heating after 10mins surfing on net or using my photo shop and shutting down that part solved by putting a big fan behind laptop to keep it cool

now it just random shut downs some times with blue screen of death and some times with windows message saying some thing about an illegal operation then zap of it goes

and the latest thing when i hit the power button to start it up the lights come on but nothing happens for 45 mins to a hr till the fan goes mad then i turn it off and back on it then boots up

i think i killed it lol

IP Logged

balus

Reply #4 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Sounds like a fan or drive - pity you're the other side of the world Smiley

Next time you get a blue screen write down the STOP message, not all of it, just the STOP 0x000000xx where x is a number - but i would lay odds on overheating, although I find that surprising in the UK at present Smiley

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #5 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:41am
Print Post  
the fan was looked at a few months ago when it started with the shutting down as i thought it was this but new fan installed and still shuts down confused lol
and due to it taking 45mins to a hr to let me get it to boot in sound like some hardware is failing inside on the forums for my starting up problem looks like it could be the Bord on its way out as i know its not the HDD as it had a new one of them as well not to long ago

lets face it it just doesn't like me painting day in day out 7 days a week its going on strike lol

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #6 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:58am
Print Post  
just had a crash and it went so fast all i got was 0xA ill see if i can get the full code next time

EDIT i got this much this time STOP: 0x0000000a

and this one just poped up
STOP 0XC00000221 ans some thing about CPU again the screen dont stay up long enough for me to wright it all down

IP Logged

balus

Reply #7 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:40am
Print Post  
ok - could be a driver, or with the 2nd STOP, a pagefile or disk problem.

Have you installed anything new lately?

If you have then go to the last known good config

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307852

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #8 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:48am
Print Post  
no nothing it got reformated last night for the 3rd time this week and still all the problems contune

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #9 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:52am
Print Post  
all i have on this paper weight this morning is op system and my anti virus thats it and i have taken the virus off still problems figer that out as im compleatly stumped

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Hi Nathan.

If you've got a couple minutes after you start before the Blue Screen Of Death. Do this:

Click on START, RIGHT click on My Computer.
Select Properties from the menu box.
After the System Properties box shows, click on the Advanced Tab.
Then in the Startup and Recovery section, click on Settings button.
UNCHECK the Automatic Restart and then click on OK to close the, then on OK again to close the System Properties box.
(see image for a bit of a guide)

Next time you get the BSOD, the screen will remain and you can get all the information displaying on the screen. To continue after that, press the power button to shut it down.

Mark

SystemStartup.JPG (Attachment deleted)

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Edwin

Reply #11 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
random restarts.. maybe during the overheating something maybe damaged.. could be the CPU itself that has been overheated and damaged.

found this when googling around:
http://getsatisfaction.com/hp/topics/hp_pavilion_dv5000_random_shutdown_problem

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #12 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
i that may be the case Edwin as i have formatted 3 times and still shuts down and that with the starting up problem i don't think the CPU is well lol and not easy to fix on a laptop other than to spend a fortune in sending out to get fixed
so i think its going to be a paper weight soon lol
but thanks for all the help guys ill just have to start a little jar for a new comp fund and hope i get enough for a replacemant before the summer  Cheesy

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #13 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Sad news, Nathan. I hope there are some chances left to fix your current hardware.
Maybe you have got some fellow electronics guy around who can look for the cooling system again and maybe test some things to find a culprit.
I doubt that the whole system is lost but as laptops are one dense packed accumulation of things that work at higher idle temps to avoid big cooling devices, one thing seems to breaks the chain here.

A had some desktop systems going to heavens bit by bit and one usually starts to first find: the faulty device and second: replace or disable it to keep the rest running.
So maybe "just" e. g. the USB controller, the one for the disks or some other chip is ending his life now and currently triggers the rest to go with him.

You plan b task now is to take part in every lottery of this planet where they at least offer some new laptops.  Cheesy

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #14 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
its just a pain lol as i cant get much done at the moment with it as it is so I'm of out in a mo to the comp shop down the road and spend £75 just to have it looked at to find out whats going on with it so if i find out to day ill let you know but for now i think the prognosis is not good lol

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top