Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Fuel Xfeed etc (Read 2855 times)
THORmx

Fuel Xfeed etc
Oct 23rd, 2010 at 8:44am
Print Post  
Hey all,

Being a real world pilot, I am ashamed that I don't know what is going on here, but perplexed at the same time.

I would imagine that you can xfeed fuel from any one tank to any engine on the 707, but I am unable to do that...

I can only get the No 2 and 3 running at the same time, or No 1 and 4.  I am testing to see if you can run all 4 engines with fuel only in tanks 2 and 3.  I have been unsuccessful.  It seems counter-intuitive, but rotating the fuel manifold switches (xfeed switches at the bottom), the only work to let 2 engines run at once.  Turning a feed switch, will kill one engine while igniting the other engine...

Is it just me, or are you required to have fuel in tanks 1-4 to be successful?

Thanks!

IP Logged

speck

Re: Fuel Xfeed etc
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Make sure all the fuel valves to the engines are open and turn off the booster pumps in the empty tanks. It should work.

IP Logged

THORmx

Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Hey Speck,

Thanks for the insight, I'll try that!

The manuals CS provided don't really deal with this, other than telling what each switch does!  I guess that makes sense, just as when I used to fuel the A300 for UPS...booster's should only be on for the tanks that have fuel!

It was late, thanks for the heads up!

IP Logged

audiohavoc

Reply #3 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 5:53am
Print Post  
In the 3rd section of the manual there is a chart on fuel crossfeed and boostpump management.

MSI P67 GD65, i7 2600K @ 5.0 Ghz, 8GB Mushkin 2133MHz memory, EVGA GTX 580, Thermalright Venomous X CPU cooler, OCZ Fatal1ty 700w PSU, 64GB Kingston V Series SSD Gen 2, 128GB Corsair M4 SSD, Windows 7 Premium 64-bit

IP Logged

TheFinn

Reply #4 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Tried this and had no problems to feed all 4 engines from one fuel tank.

IP Logged

THORmx

Reply #5 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 6:28am
Print Post  
audiohavoc wrote on Oct 24th, 2010 at 5:53am:
In the 3rd section of the manual there is a chart on fuel crossfeed and boostpump management.

Must say I haven't read thoroughly through all manuals, but would have figured it would be in the "SYSTEMS" section...not the procedures.  But oh well, I have my answer, and now it all works!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top