Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 McAfee Virus Protection and Sound Gauge (Read 8898 times)
giggsy07

Re: McAfee Virus Protection and Sound Gauge
Reply #15 - Aug 21st, 2010 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
cool thanks for your help managed it sound works alright now just not a fan of having my virus protection switched off
thanks again

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #16 - Aug 21st, 2010 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
How did you manage it?

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32ā€ Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #17 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
I am sorry to bud in here ( Captainsim,if you don't think this is appropriate you are welcome to delete my post) McAfee! Darn them. I got hit by theire DAT 5859 a couple of months ago. I simply ruined my system and installtion They said to stat with it only hit computers running XP SP2; I had Vista32...Not only FSX but everything began to fail. 1st. it ruined the connection to the internet; files dissapeared everytime I restarted.cfg files (Notebook). ( This could be caused by my computer ignorance) Then they adviced on theire US site to formatt to WinXP SP3. I did that by technician.cost me a bit...But McAfee had promised to cover this costs! That installation crashed ( See my posts anywhere) Then I got hold of win7 Ultimate 32Which Microsoft has made scrarse and that has lasted so far and I have installed Avira antivirus also free. Avast dind't want ot install in my sys. for some unknown reason? To me??
I have continued until today trying to get my refund. Have even personal contact with the regional manager; Who I was put in contact with; While he was at a conference in Amsterdam. He promised to help me.  He send the case to be treated with urgency to,supposedly a higher level within Mcafee...
...And then the night before last I recieve a call ( non office hours) from the supporters that take care of Danish support in Sofia Bulgaria.

I ask you how should one interpret this?

The guy said to me that he had recieved an urgent message regarding my case form the regional manager. But that his hands where tied and he couldn't do anymore!
Anyway the regional manager had written to me and told me that If I didn'theard form them this week I should contact him again...Which I did this afternoon.

I believe McAfee is counting its' last days as an antivirus provider. They'll open again under another name like all others have done.

JUST BEWARE OF McAfee for the time being!!!!! Angry

It took seven months for mcAfee to refund me the repair of my computer, I was even send mcAfee 2010 subcription free for one year. I haven't installed it as I don't wish to be involved with them anymore. I get regular e-mail with offeres because Ķ must have a cookie in my system,I can't get rid of. I'm using Avira since then and have had no problems.

<div class=
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top