Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
VOR capturing problem (Read 6265 times)
Zgredd

VOR capturing problem
Jun 18th, 2010 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
I have problem with capturing radial. It simply doesn't work :/
I press LOC on autopilot panell, the white "LOC" ready to arm appears and remains always white-unarmed. APP works fine. Any idea? Cheesy

IP Logged

mbucholski

Re: VOR capturing problem
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Cześć (switching to English in three, two, one... Smiley ),

25. LOC Switch
When pushed, the LOC switch arms the AFDS to capture and fly the localizer front course. The switch must be pushed prior to localizer capture.
LOC is displayed in white on each ADI prior to capture.
The localizer will not capture if the intercept angle is greater than 120 degrees or 2.5 NM.
The current lateral nav mode (LNAV, heading select, or heading hold) remains engaged until localizer capture.

It seems that it only works with localizers (and not even BC), which would be right, cause as far as I know modern acfts don't have VOR capture capabilities. I'll fly around and see for myself. Stay tuned.

EDIT: OK, a little update. I've flown a bit around EPWA with OKE radial 309 outbound - doesn't work at all. Can't even hold the course. I guess it's all the way it's supposed to be. I own the MD-11 from You-Know-Who and she has no VOR LOC too - life.

IP Logged

Zgredd

Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
mbucholski wrote on Jun 18th, 2010 at 6:01pm:
I guess it's all the way it's supposed to be. I own the MD-11 from You-Know-Who and she has no VOR LOC too - life.

Czolem Smiley

I can't belive this 767 is unable to fly radials. Seems to be A HUGE BUG Angry

IP Logged

mbucholski

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 8:04am
Print Post  
No, I don't think so. It's just the way modern airliners are built. Seldom if ever VOR navigation is being used, and hand flying is still not a big problem.

IP Logged

Paul787

Reply #4 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
mbucholski wrote on Jun 19th, 2010 at 8:04am:
No, I don't think so. It's just the way modern airliners are built. Seldom if ever VOR navigation is being used, and hand flying is still not a big problem.

Witam Smiley

I totally agree with you.

Regards

Paul P. Kawalec - KORD - Chicago O'Hare International Airport&&&&Last Flight:&&6-11-11 - B737-700 - Southwest Airlines #2139 - KMDW -> KTPA&&

IP Logged

Zgredd

Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2010 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Whatfore the LOC button is than???

And what does it mean in manual than?

"When pushed, the LOC switch arms the AFDS to capture and fly the localizer front course. The switch must be pushed prior to localizer capture.
LOC is displayed in white on each ADI prior to capture.
The localizer will not capture if the intercept angle is greater than 120 degrees or 2.5 NM.
The current lateral nav mode (LNAV, heading select, or heading hold) remains engaged until localizer capture.
"

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #6 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Quote:
Whatfore the LOC button is than???
For capturing the ILS LOCALIZER. I only use the LOC button just prior to caturing the ILS and then after caputing the ILS I select APP.

The FMC controls the autopilot along the course up to the point of capturing the ILS. So. If I fly a VOR to VOR route, I enter the VORs into the FMC and it will fly directly from one to another.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top