Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 Cockpit? Yes! +preview (Read 31013 times)
Tyrion

Aviation Student

Re: Cockpit? Yes! +preview
Reply #15 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 2:42am
Print Post  
Those preview shots look good   Cheesy
I can hardly wait!

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #16 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Thank you Captain Sim!! Wink
I knew that you would listen to you customers because, although you are short on words, you always have listened well.
I will definately be buying this aircraft once it is complete.  I just didn't want to fly another 747 panel.
I love all the detail that you put into your products and from the previews, this one will be great too.

Bob

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Ex C-130 Aircraft Engineer

Reply #17 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 6:51am
Print Post  
Coming along nicely.  I'm looking forward to it.

Dave

IP Logged

jeffg

Reply #18 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
If you want to watch a good movie about B-52's Watch Gathering Of Eagles with Rock Hudson. I watched it last night and has some great b-52 footage.

JeffG

HP Pavilion Elite m9350f&&AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core&&6 gigs ram&&Nivida 9800GT &&Vista 64 Service Pack 2&&FSX with the Acceleration Pack

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #19 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 2:52am
Print Post  
I will look for the movie.  Sounds good Wink
Thanks,
Bob

IP Logged

Todd

Reply #20 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Looks are not everything, I found it a bit disturbing that CS stated on the release that the flight deck/cockpit was to emulate the "G" model and not of the "H" model. For those that have either worked on and or flown the B-52 right off hand, there is a significant difference between both models. The most obvious difference is the engine configuration, PW J57-43W's on the "G" model which are Turbo jets and the PW TF-33's on the H models. The latter of the two being a low-mediumn bypass turbofan. Flight dynamics of the model its self are way off but the thing looks good. No doubt about that. Tail gunners position is a waste for obvious reasons for those that know the BUFF but and the lack of the drag chute in its self was disappointing. I hope that CS technical expertise is taking another look at this because there are allot of us out there that that spent a few years or so up close and personal with the BUFF and would really be disappointed if it was miss represented so drastically. My opinion do it right or don't do it at all.
19th FMS/19th BW
Black Knights
RAFB

IP Logged

N85988

Reply #21 - May 20th, 2010 at 7:54am
Print Post  
WOW,  Thank you so much Captain Sim!  Thank you for deciding to continue with this project.   It is looking fantastic.  Such harsh words from Tod.   Anyone who says "Do it right or don't do it at all"  is somewhat selfish in my opinion,  and obviously has never tried making such a complex product.   I say selfish because I know most of us understand that sometimes compromises have to be made in order to release a product within certain budget or time constraints.   I for one have worked on the Buff for ten years,  and would still be very happy to have a good VC,  even if it is of a G-model instead of the H-model.   They could have decided to put a D-model VC in it,  or none at all.  The G-model is very similar in so many ways.  There are some differences,  I agree,  but for the average flyer,  these differences are minor,  unless you try to take-off with water,   then you might notice a problem.  For the price I paid,  I wasn't expecting a perfect aircraft,  a perfect flight model, and a 100% accurate cockpit.  At least they attempted to release a great looking aircraft,  and I'm sure it pleased a whole lot of us who have served this beast.   If we paid,  say three times more,  for it,  then I would expect something a bit more accurate.  I guess no matte how good something is,  or how good the bargain is,  it is never good enough for some peope.   And those people usually never have anything useful to contribute to the project.   I for one am totally satisfied with this aircraft,  and am looking forward to the VC and updates when they are released.   AWESOME JOB Captain Sim!!!

Well, Back to Flying...
Monica

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #22 - May 20th, 2010 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Thank you for support!

IP Logged

jeffg

Reply #23 - May 21st, 2010 at 1:10am
Print Post  
I love the B-52 and have not found a good model for the aircraft till Captain Sim came out with theirs. I have not bought the B-52 as I love flying the plane not just looking at it and as there is no B-52 cockpit I will wait for that and than buy the whole aircraft. I do agree with Todd do it right or do not do it at all,I have most of the Captain Sim aircraft and as you spend more time with them they do grow on you. They might have small problems but they do get worked out in time. I hope Captain Sim takes its time with the cockpit and the small things that make this a great aircraft.

JeffG

HP Pavilion Elite m9350f&&AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core&&6 gigs ram&&Nivida 9800GT &&Vista 64 Service Pack 2&&FSX with the Acceleration Pack

IP Logged

jhamm

Reply #24 - May 21st, 2010 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Pilot, CoPilot, the EW and gunner stations... hmmm seems like captain sim is just like the real AF: Giving the Navs the shaft! Oh well, looking forward to hangin around on the promenade deck of the B-52, when it comes out. But if you know anything about this airplane, the real work happens down in the Black Hole!  If CS could perhaps add these stations, maybe a rudimentary FMS style system could be employeed. Kind of like in the real plane...

IP Logged

Recency

Reply #25 - Jun 1st, 2010 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
H model, G model: Knowing Captain Sim, one day they will probably release all the models.
B52 looking good. Keep up the good work.

Recency

IP Logged

JayG

Reply #26 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 4:48am
Print Post  
I hope you 'age' the cockpit and not give it the 'new car' look, these planes are old and need to have the proper wear and tear. Thats one of the things I love about your 757, 727 etc.

Flight Lead: "Bandits at 3 oclock!!!"&&Wingman: "It's only 2:30 now, what do we do til then?"

IP Logged

Spartan-120

Reply #27 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 6:01am
Print Post  
Todd wrote on Apr 23rd, 2010 at 7:32pm:
Looks are not everything, I found it a bit disturbing that CS stated on the release that the flight deck/cockpit was to emulate the "G" model and not of the "H" model. For those that have either worked on and or flown the B-52 right off hand, there is a significant difference between both models. The most obvious difference is the engine configuration, PW J57-43W's on the "G" model which are Turbo jets and the PW TF-33's on the H models. The latter of the two being a low-mediumn bypass turbofan. Flight dynamics of the model its self are way off but the thing looks good. No doubt about that. Tail gunners position is a waste for obvious reasons for those that know the BUFF but and the lack of the drag chute in its self was disappointing. I hope that CS technical expertise is taking another look at this because there are allot of us out there that that spent a few years or so up close and personal with the BUFF and would really be disappointed if it was miss represented so drastically. My opinion do it right or don't do it at all.
19th FMS/19th BW
Black Knights
RAFB

Please forgive what might be a d---a-- question, but what are the specific differences between the two cockpits, and what are the "obvious" reasons why you would put a G model 'pit in an H model exterior?

IP Logged

Abdulla Albinali

Reply #28 - Jun 9th, 2010 at 8:11am
Print Post  
hello guys,
It's really great add-on and I am waiting for it to complete, can I know when it will be ready???

I want the 707 and b-52 what is the available ways to purchase?

thanx
Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #29 - Jun 22nd, 2010 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Well Captain Sim. I've got to hand it to you. The Virtual Cockpit, going by the latest pics, is awesome! You guys really do do the best. I'm really looking forward to getting that VC into my B-52 Exterior!

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top