Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
2D Panel issue (Read 2591 times)
flyingman

2D Panel issue
Jan 23rd, 2010 at 2:43am
Print Post  
Hi all,

When I start with the 2D panel is the viewpoint is in very much the wrong position pointing way up into the sky. I then modify by using CTRL+Q however I am wondering if there is anyway to permantly make it in the correct viewpoint position.

Many thanks!

IP Logged

Matt2218

Re: 2D Panel issue
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2010 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
flyingman wrote on Jan 23rd, 2010 at 2:43am:
Hi all,

When I start with the 2D panel is the viewpoint is in very much the wrong position pointing way up into the sky. I then modify by using CTRL+Q however I am wondering if there is anyway to permantly make it in the correct viewpoint position.

Many thanks!

Here's a little trick I've come up with...adding a new "cameradefinition" to the aircraft.cfg.  Here's how to do it:

1) make a copy of the aircraft.cfg file (in case you mess something up you can go back)

2) Find the [cameradefinition.x] entries and paste this in after the last one there:

[CameraDefinition.012]
Title = Revised_2DView
Guid = {B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB6}
Description = Revised 2D Cockpit View
Origin = Cockpit
ShowPanel = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
SnapPbhReturn = True
PanPbhAdjust = Ordinal
PanPbhReturn = True
Track = None
ShowAxis = FrontOnly
INITIALPBH = 5, 0, 0 // Note: the first number is degrees pointed downward from horizontal. A negative number would be pointed upward.
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.7 // Note: 1.0 is default for 2d panels, a smaller number lets you see more. 0.7 matches the default VC zoom.
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
HotKeySelect=2

3) Save the aircraft.cfg

4) Fly, choose the 2D cockpit view (it should go to this new one) and see if you like it better. You can adjust the down angle by editing the first digit in the appropriate lines above. Be aware that the aircraft will probably load with the default "cockpit" view so you will need to choose "Revised 2D Cockpit View". For the rest of the flight it should stick with the new view.

What I have done with most aircraft I fly is add this entry to the aircraft.cfg, then adjust the 'down angle' and zoom to match the view out the VC so it's not disorienting to switch back and forth.

Good luck!

IP Logged

planemaddan

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
just added the camdef but i dont know how to get the new panel up. new to all this adding stuff but need more realism. any help would be greatfuly recived.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Hi  planemaddan.

It is a "cameradefinition" (camera definition), and the final line in it HotKeySelect=2 means that it opens when you press the "F10" function key on the keyboard. F10 is the default for the 2D Cockpit view.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

planemaddan

Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
thanks for your promp reply
mark sorry being busy. when i press f10 it just goes to the aft cabbin view not sure why. tried saveing the flight first but still got same view when i use the hat switch on my yoke. realy need this as the cs 767 an 757 are my faves but i need the 2d veiw as the vcockpit is slightly blurrrrrrrry. all your help is neeeeeeeeedddddeeed. thanks planemaddan.

IP Logged

planemaddan

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2010 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
sorry it was me that didnt check what i had copied an pasted. had missed a bit off the top recopied an pasted an all works fine now.thanks for all the help.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top