Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Cold and dark? How? (Read 1938 times)
cyberstudio

Cold and dark? How?
Dec 13th, 2009 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Hi guys!

I have some problems starting my 727-100 from cold and dark. This is what i do:

1) Start a flight with the cessna, then, turn off the engines, strobe light, master and avionics.

2)When everything is death, then i load the 727.

3)Turn on the battery, then the apu, then the engines.

4) I start noticing some problems, like some lights on the overhead panel that can't be turned off (Stall warning and some others)

5) Later, when i take off, i can't engage the autopilot. (The switches don't move)

6) If i start the 727 with the engines running, i can engage the autopilot, but it does not hold the pitch angle.

Any help??

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.

IP Logged

Kyle

Re: Cold and dark? How?
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2009 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Try leaving the avionics master on with the shut-down Cessna.  I noticed some add-ons have problems if the avionics master is turned off before loading.  My default flight is the Cessna with everything off except the Avionics master, and I have no problems with any of the complex add-ons I use.

IP Logged

sirbruchie

Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 3:22am
Print Post  
A solution I found was to add the following line to the CFG file of the aircraft under the electrical section:

electric_always_available = 1

I had the same errors other had that after about 10 min of operating the avionics and starters no longer worked.  It appears that the battery either doesn't charge the electical coding doesn't swith over to the generators in some cases.  The only draw back this solution has is you don't have realistic battery life - its indefinit, but it a small price to pay to have you avionics or starters not stop.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 8:53am
Print Post  
Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 4814 added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 4814.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top