Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
IRS align (Read 4297 times)
al pelletier

IRS align
Oct 18th, 2009 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Hi friends.
I get the famous "3 blinking IRS align lights" all the time. I had this working before but after a re-install I cannot find the fault.(I had to re-install because I had a spoiler light full on all the time and the ailerons control stopped working. Why? I don't know!) I have the right lat/long info entered in the CDU, and IRS postition. I have no other lights on the OVH panel. But still, all I get is flashing lights when in the "NAV" position. IRS is turned on and display the right LAT/LONG. It seems to align fine but when then it starts flashing. I even tried different airports and with the same results. Blink BLink Blink
I was using the Capt Sim 757 for a magazine article but will have to abandon for now, due to deadline. Will try again if I can ever get this working. It is a wonderful airplane and I am hoping to get it working again someday. Can anyone help?

AL Pelletier
Computer Pilot magazine

IP Logged

al pelletier

Re: famous IRS align problem
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Fixed it!!! Typical idiot that I am  Huh. I was not hitting the set IRS position on the CDU (button 7 in the manual). I was only entering the position but not setting it. It is working fine now! Don't you just love manuals?  Thanks to all. This might still help someone else.

Cheers

Al Pelletier

IP Logged

vector

Re: famous IRS align problem
Reply #2 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
The manual is your friend.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top