Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Help, Or How do you fly this thing? (Read 1686 times)
JacksonS

Help, Or How do you fly this thing?
Oct 2nd, 2009 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Hi All
After Extensive Reading of the manual I have managed to start and take off this bird, after which I have to fly Manually due to myself not being able to understand the Autopilot! I think I can select Speed, Arm Autopilot when taking off and engage it when necessary yet can someone please explain heading and altitude?
oh I have read the tutorial in this forum to which was a huge help thanks

oh and if someone has to much time on their hands can they please go over the FMC? of the primary flight computer, I think its called
Thanks!

IP Logged

rupesh

Re: Help, Or How do you fly this thing?
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 2:10am
Print Post  
there are excellent tutorials already made by very knowledgible people on youtube, all you have to do is search with the key word 'FMC' and the aircraft 757. you can try other aircrafts and developers too

IP Logged

pa34pilot

Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 4:05am
Print Post  
If you are totally new to this, I STRONGLY recommend that you buy the book "Flying the Boeing 700 Series Flight Simulator" book by Mike Ray.  It is very easy to read, and will help you understand how to program the CDU, explain the MCP, VNAV, LNAV, and all those other foreign terms.  Go to his website: www.utem.com.

IP Logged

JacksonS

Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Thanks I've been looking on youtube, I know the 757 and 767 share the ""same" flight deck but i havnt found anyluck on the autopilot yet, and thanks Rupesh i'll be sure have a look at that

IP Logged

JaskanFactor

Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Everytime i get a new plane in FSX, often check YouTube tutorial vids before i even read the planes manual.

You will find YouTube vids for many FSX planes, and some of the tutorials are so well done , you can make a flight right away.

Then all you have to do read check the manual for specific info at your own pace.

Thanks To All The YouTube Pilot Instructors out there.

In the case of CS 767, i think the best vids i found were some for L.e.v.e.l.D 767  since levelD767 is same 767, you can use it to learn cs767.

However i have to say that in order to understand ho the systems on CS767 work you might need to get the l.e.v.e.another company 767 manual as well as CS manual. Cause the l.e.v.e.another company 767 manual is much bigger and explains things in more detail.

Your best manual for cs767 is the l.e.v.e.l.D 767 manual. And no fault on CS either, why reproduce the whole thing when another company 767 manual is free.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top