Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
 25 AUTOPILOT - the only thread please (Read 78575 times)
Vinnie

AUTOPILOT - the only thread please
Aug 27th, 2009 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Well, When I use the time acceleration during a flight with the AP on at crusing altitude, the aircraft beguns to go up and down. And finally, I loose the control of the airplane.

I never experience that with another aircraft before. Even with the 727 or with a very low FPS.

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: 767 Auto Pilot problem with Time aceleration.
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
The question has been previously answered by our Customer Support.
Please check-in to Your Profile and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 1219. Please be sure to search the Knowledge Base prior to submitting a request for assistance in order to ensure a timely resolution to your issue and avoid your request cancellation and posting removal.

IP Logged

kiniu

Virtual Pilot

Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Hello Vinnie

I am also experience similar problem when I use real update weather
and time acceleration x4 so the plane have tendency to fly up and down for some time losing the altitude
but when I change weather for non real plane fly ok not losing altitude .

I experience this tendency to fly up and down problem not only with Cs aircraft so I dont think it is the 767 bug or serious problem

Try to change the weather for clear and see if this will help

regards
Chris

Intel Q6600 | 4GB ram |Nvidia 480 GTX | 2x 1TB HDD sata |24' DELL Monitor | Vista 64 Bit |
IP Logged

Vinnie

Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
It wont work.

I can't let my FSX on during 9 hours !!!! That's why I use the time acceleration to skip the most boring part of the flight.

The KB says only to stay at normal speed. It's not really solve the problem.

IP Logged

pa34pilot

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2009 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
You can also go to the map and drag your airplane along your flightpath.  Once you are flying again, you can then ask for an IFR clearance (I like this better than the acceleration).  The only downside is that you will have a lot more fuel so you may want to reduce your fuel load when you skip ahead.

IP Logged

Terrence

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 12:50am
Print Post  
OR, you could simply fly shorter legs...

IP Logged

Patrick Rizzo

Autopilot?
Reply #6 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I just aborted an Atlantic crossing midway through the flight as it was futile to contine. The aircraft stopped following the computed flight path in LNAV mode and pitched to the right by 5°, making endless circles so to speak. I tried to manually adjust the aircraft and put it back on course to intercept the desired navigation track, and locked in HDG Select - nothing happens. When I intercepted the original waypoint track, the aircraft started its right turn maneuver all over again.
And yes, the autopilot was on - it was not disconnected.

Best regards, Patrick

IP Logged

767er91

Re: Captain Sim Autopilot awful
Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
I thought that this issue was fixed since the 4.3 update to the 757, in which I believe the fixes have been inherited in the 767. Also, check your FSUIPC version to ensure that it is the latest as this may have persisted your problem.

Regards

Craig Norman - VPA290 - CS Boeing 757-200, Boeing 767-300ER, MD-11 and Leonardo SH FTMD '08 pilot

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
I haven't had this problem at all with my autopilot.  Did you load a default Microsoft aircraft before loading the CS767?

IP Logged

juniorpm21

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
if you are having troubles with the autopilot..just update your fsuipc or buy the payware version and you can see the diference in the autopilot...again ..ANY problem with the autopilot  can be fixed just updating your FSUIPC..... Smiley

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #10 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Patrick Rizzo wrote on Jul 12th, 2009 at 12:45pm:
Hi,

I just aborted an Atlantic crossing midway through the flight as it was futile to contine. The aircraft stopped following the computed flight path in LNAV mode and pitched to the right by 5°, making endless circles so to speak. I tried to manually adjust the aircraft and put it back on course to intercept the desired navigation track, and locked in HDG Select - nothing happens. When I intercepted the original waypoint track, the aircraft started its right turn maneuver all over again. Bottom line: This purchase is a complete scam - the product doesn't work! I am a former staff reviewer of a large German Flight Simulation community and am completely shocked about what Captain Sim has sold to me. I am going to claim my money back!

And yes, the autopilot was on - it was not disconnected.

Best regards, Patrick

I think before you start making premature judgments, you should check into all of the possibilities outside of Captain Sim's product.

If you are really the reviewer you claim to be, you should know that if a fully released sim doesn't work on your computer, there are a lot of factors that have to be considered other than the sim itself before you start running down the developer and product.

IP Logged

Patrick Rizzo

Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I think before you start making premature judgments, you should check into all of the possibilities outside of Captain Sim's product.

If you are really the reviewer you claim to be, you should know that if a fully released sim doesn't work on your computer, there are a lot of factors that have to be considered other than the sim itself before you start running down the developer and product.

I have the 9JULY2009 version of FSUIPC, registered version - so unless you tell me there's an even more current version this is it. I am 100% sure such sharp mistakes cannot be attributed to FSX or my machine - I have never seen anything like this and tested a bunch of stuff on my machine, always resetting the default FSX state before beginning to look at new stuff.

IP Logged

juniorpm21

Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
ok..lets see...
was your last installation the cs 767?
if you answer yes to this... i recomend you to remove all the fsuipc files inside the modules folder in fsx..and then install a new copy of fsuipc... i am using the payware version 4.30 and this bird fly beautifull without any problem..a perfect machine... remember..anytime that you install the 767 or the 757..ou have to install a clean copy of the fsiupc...this is only if you are having problem with the autopilot and any gauges...thanks Wink

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Patrick Rizzo wrote on Jul 12th, 2009 at 6:42pm:
Quote:

I have the 9JULY2009 version of FSUIPC, registered version - so unless you tell me there's an even more current version this is it. I am 100% sure such sharp mistakes cannot be attributed to FSX or my machine - I have never seen anything like this and tested a bunch of stuff on my machine, always resetting the default FSX state before beginning to look at new stuff.

Patrick, you need to check your system.  The problems your having have nothing to do with Captain Sim's software.
Your 100% confidence is lacking.
My autopilot works perfect.  Actually better than the competitors version.  I flew the other last night and it didn't follow the flight path as accurately as Captain Sim's.  I had to correct it with "heading select".
I am flying from LEPA to LOWS right now and my speed and flight path are followed perfectly with CS.  I even performed a Direct To after takeoff, and the path was shown on the HSI and the 767 followed it flawlessly.
If you are really a reviewer, you shouldn't be jumping to conclusions until you check all the possibilities.  You have a responsibility to your readers to be correct in your findings and not just bashing developers.
My VNAV and LNAV along with localizer capture, approach and full autoland, all work flawlessly.

IP Logged

juniorpm21

Reply #14 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
1000000 % agree with signmanbob
can any ADMIN edit the intro text in this post or post name...  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top