Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
767 Autoland (Read 7222 times)
pa34pilot

767 Autoland
Aug 22nd, 2009 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
On ILS approach (to any airport) when I engage the APP mode (I am below G/S to intercept) the 767 starts to wander back and forth making wild bank angles!  All three CMD lights are on and LAND 3 is illuminated.  The airplane is unable to autoland due to the wild attitudes close to the ground  Sad

Am I missing something, or is this an issue with the CS 767?

THX

IP Logged

DMullert

Re: 767 Autoland
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2009 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Hello!

I believe it is an issue.  The 767, when on autoland, once the three lights engage, it is supposed to automatically manage flaps/power/gear deployment, arm the spoilers, and set the autobrake system.  I have shot several CAT3 approaches using the so called "autoland" and it does none of those functions.  Maybe I am missing somethign or perhaps, not following some internal procedure right.

On the another company 767 the autoland works flawlessly, doing all fo these functions.  Flare is an issue, but it does it all well.

I still need to mess around some more of the CS767 to see if I can get it to behave the way it's supposed to.

I like this aircraft - in fact, I de-installed my another company and currently using the CS 767 - so we'll see what these guys can do with 1.2.  I have noticed that CS support has improved, so keeping fingers crossed.

Dennis

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2009 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
PA34Pilot, I had the same problem with rolling on the localizer course.  Check out these postings in this same CS 767 forum section:
http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1247843334
Simple changes to the aircraft.cfg file eliminated the rolling.  As for DMullert's post about Autoland operating the flaps and gear and airspeed, I didn't think it was supposed to perform functions apart from holding glide slope and localizer.  You will have to read the manuals to clarify this point.

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2009 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
>>The 767, when on autoland, once the three lights engage, it is supposed to automatically manage flaps/power/gear deployment, arm the spoilers, and set the autobrake system<<

You sure about all that?

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

DMullert

Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2009 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Yes!  In real-life, it is supposed to perform these functions.  In fact, in real-life, the autoland flares and lands the aircraft, and it also slows it down.  The LVD767 does it.  I know a 767 Captain from AAL and I have confirmed this infromation with him as well.

No big deal if the CS 767 can't perform these functions, as this is simply a simulation, but it would be nice to know exactly what to expect.

Still a great addon.

Dennis

IP Logged

DMullert

Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2009 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Great link Trailboss.

I'm going to give it a try.  Thanks for the hint!

Dennis

IP Logged

pa34pilot

Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2009 at 2:45am
Print Post  
thanks for the link trailboss - I`ll give it a try and post results.

I have the 767 Air Canada manual, and there is no reference to AUTOLAND setting flaps and spoilers.  The one thing that the real 767 has that the sim doesn`t is 3 CWS switches which are directly underneath the 3 CMD switches.  I wonder if CS plans on adding this in a future release.  Other than the other issues mentioned in other threads, I am extremely impressed with this product, along with the 727 which I also have.  I look forward to the next SP.

I`d be curious if anyone else has had a successful-normal AUTOLAND in the 767 without modifying the cfg file.

IP Logged

pa34pilot

Reply #7 - Aug 23rd, 2009 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Made the changes as suggested and it seems to have solved the problem!  The only issue I noted was the AP lost the glide slope at short final, regained it and put me half way down the runway.  I will have to play around with this some more.

Thanks for the advice!

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #8 - Aug 23rd, 2009 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
pa34pilot, I've had that same experience where the autoland brings the plane in too high.  Of all the approaches I have made, about half of them come in too high and I have to either disconnect the AP/FD and dive for the runway or go around.  The other 50% of the approaches are spot on and touch down right on the numbers. If you find the cause, let me know.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top