Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Why these warnings? (Read 2243 times)
toxicdebt

Why these warnings?
Aug 9th, 2009 at 3:05am
Print Post  
I have started the engines and the APU and Left and Right Engine Genberators are On. Why do I see these 4 warnings:

R GEN OFF
L GEN OFF
R ENG OIL PRESS
L ENG OIL PRESS

?

IP Logged

phoenix

757 enthusiast

Re: Why these warnings?
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2009 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Did you make any changes in FLTSIM.FLT file?
If you change this file on variant from avsim.com (bc_dark.zip) please see and check section [Engine Parameters.1],
title GeneratorSwitch=True,
should be True, not False.

Best regards, Stanislav&&http://www.avsim.su/&&&&;
IP Logged

toxicdebt

Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2009 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Ok I have downloaded the file from Avsim, and no longer having that problem. Thanks.

I am starting to like this bird. The flight went pretty good, except for the landing. Is it true I need all 3 autopilot buttons activated to do a full autoland? I had only one activated and near the runway the plane went 'haywire'. I should disconnect the autopilot much earlier and manually land if only 1 autopilot is engaged?

Finally how do I know what the Zero Fuel weight is? I was expecting to see it in the ACE configuration editor but I don't see it.

IP Logged

CDreier

Fly Delta Jets

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2009 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
All things being equal, Autoland 3 should happen with only one of the autopilots engaged.  There's no reason to enable either of the other two.  Also, in real life the center autopilot is the one normally engaged.  I know some might argue this point, but according to Mike Ray the center autopilot is to be used.   Wink

IP Logged

Joshilini

FS9 User

Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2009 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
toxicdebt wrote on Aug 10th, 2009 at 3:04pm:
Ok I have downloaded the file from Avsim, and no longer having that problem. Thanks.

I am starting to like this bird. The flight went pretty good, except for the landing. Is it true I need all 3 autopilot buttons activated to do a full autoland? I had only one activated and near the runway the plane went 'haywire'. I should disconnect the autopilot much earlier and manually land if only 1 autopilot is engaged?

Finally how do I know what the Zero Fuel weight is? I was expecting to see it in the ACE configuration editor but I don't see it.

Hello.

Firstly, most Boeing airliners have three autopilot systems - left, center and right. Airbus have only two. In an emergency, airliners can autoland with just one autopilot engaged, though I imagine that most company policies recommend engaging all of the autopilots just incase.

Say you have one autopilot engaged during an autoland and it fails, you will have to disengage the entire autopilot system and take necessary action. However, say you have all three autopilots engaged during an autoland and it fails, the other two working autopilots will still be able to continue.

I have been told that there is an error with the 757-200 autoland in FS9. I've tried autolanding three times and every time I approach the threshold, the aircraft pitches down and lands heavy on it's nose gear first. Hopefully Captain Sim will fix this in the upcoming update. From now on, you will just have to disengage the autopilot before touching down (i.e. fly an ILS approach and manually land).

On an autoland, the aircraft will flare and rollout automatically, but since there's an error, you'll have to disengage the autopilot, flare and rollout manually.

Zero fuel weight can be found by going to the FS9 fuel window. I think you press alt, go to aircraft and click fuel and payload. Then select 0% fuel in all tanks and then you'll have your zero fuel weight.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top