Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Legendary B727 liveries not compatible ? (Read 6749 times)
soldano

Legendary B727 liveries not compatible ?
Jul 29th, 2009 at 2:15am
Print Post  
I was looking for a Aerolineas Argentinas livery for the 727/200 and in the Capt Sim support site I found one at the free liveries page, which resent me to the Avsim file library (recently online again) The livery was for the FS9 Legendary B727 version.- I downloaded and installed it manually as ACE couldnt manage it, the result was that I got a B727 with partially textures showing, and black wings and gear.- I examined the textures and there are 24 bmp files, quite different from the 4 dds files of the default liveries.- If there is an incompatibility I wonder why Capt Sim included that livery at their site.-

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: Legendary B727 liveries not compatible ?
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2009 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Most of the 300+ Free Liveries for the 'Legendary 727' are compatible with the '727 Captain'. We neither check the content of the free liveries packs nor support them. Download, install and use the free liveries at your own risk. If you have any comments and/or questions please contact the artist directly.

IP Logged

soldano

Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Jul 29th, 2009 at 2:35pm:
Most of the 300+ Free Liveries for the 'Legendary 727' are compatible with the '727 Captain'. We neither check the content of the free liveries packs nor support them. Download, install and use the free liveries at your own risk. If you have any comments and/or questions please contact the artist directly.

My question is: Only dds textures are compatible with the new 727 not bmp s ?
Thanks

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #3 - Jul 31st, 2009 at 1:52am
Print Post  
dds or bmp textures shouldn't matter. FSX reads them both fine (normally).
further, the default liveries use a lot more than 4 files, but to take less disk space, they use fallback textures. All texture files that are used by all liveries, are only placed in the first texture folder, and the other are told to go look for missing files there... (very basically explained)
This is an FSX feature, and wasn't possible in FS9 if I'm not mistaken.

To get your addon livery working, try these steps:

1) Only place the repainted texture files in your new texture folder (probably only the 4 you see in other texture folders: 727_100_2_T, 727_100_3_T, 727_100_A_T and 727_x_10_T) the exact number of files depends on the repaint artist, what files he repainted or not.

2) Go to a default texture folder, and copy the file texture.cfg to your new texture folder. This is the part that tells FSX to go look for missing textures somewhere else.

3) Edit the aircraft.cfg file as you would normally.

4) Give it a try!

5) if you know how, you can make a thumbnail to make the repaint show up with a nice picture when you're choosing your aircraft in FSX.

I currently don't have the time to test it myself, but if I can, I will do it this weekend, and edit this post as necessary.

Hope this helps...

Lars

IP Logged

soldano

Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2009 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Thanks Lars
I just copied the texture.cfg from other default aircraft and it worked, now the Aerolineas Argentinas B727 looks great.-

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
I'm Looking for an AVIANCA Texture for the 727 100. I found one at flightsim.com. but it turned out to be 727-200. The ACE configurator won't load it. I have tried everything I know to load it c/p the folder I create after unzippind into the airplane floder and then editing the aircraft.cfg file. Won't show. I'm having terrible issues with captainsims site and all my logins, Can't get in. Have contacted them, despite their instruction and support...I'm still out. Today I manage to guess myself to systems in the 727 and managed to make an a/p flight, nnot an approach though, I'm still way behind for that in this aircraft. Undecided

<div class=
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top