Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Engine sound when shut down (Read 1840 times)
mtolivefire530

Engine sound when shut down
Jul 13th, 2009 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
I remember seeing  a post about this before but I do not remember if there was a fix for this. Why is there still an engine sound on external views if the engines are shut down? Why is this still an issue?

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: Engine sound when shut down
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 6:53am
Print Post  
The question has been previously answered by our Customer Support.
Please check-in to Your Profile, click Product name link and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 3769. Please be sure to search the Knowledge Base prior to submitting a request for assistance in order to ensure a timely resolution to your issue and avoid your request cancellation and posting removal.

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Re: Engine sound when shut down
Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Maybe this will help with troubleshooting. In outside view I was getting engine sound even though the engines were off. As I inspected the aircraft from a variety of angles using spot view, the sound suddenly stopped. This is repeatable. So it is somehow linked to view. Anyway, if nothing else, get out and walk around and maybe it will go away.

EDIT: I took out the msvcr71.dll from Windows\System and put the OLDER one from the download link on these forums in the FSX root, and did not have the engine on sound at all when it shouldn't be. My flight attendants did, however, bail out at 5000 feet as they always do. (No more announcements, or other cockpit sounds for that matter.)

I am going to continue to mess around with this .dll and see if next time putting in Windows\System32 is better.

EDIT AGAIN: Switching views around does turn the sounds off.  Switching the views around does turn the sounds back on.  I have tried every conceivable combination of msvcr71.dll here and there, different versions, and that doesn't fix it.  Even when I get the sounds off, finally, and have blessed silence, next thing I know they're back on.  I suppose I'm the only one still having these issues as the posted fixes seem to work for everyone else.  It isn't a show-stopper, but it would be nice if we could get to the bottom of these longstanding sound inconsistencies.  But I understand that with all the possible setups, there are going to be  few that are going to provide stubborn problems.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top