Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 777? (Read 4407 times)
Thomson 757 Pilot

757/767 Pilot

777?
Jul 12th, 2009 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Hi captain sim,
Just wanted to know if you would consider developing a 777?
It seems to me that its in popular demand due to publishers in the past not creating it correctly.. mentioning no names  Roll Eyes
a reply would be great
Thanks alot
Alex

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Re: 777?
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
as you know, CS work on a 767-400 who is technically close enough to the 777 (I mean the cockpit, philosophy)...

The "jump" to the 777 should be possible. But now the question : "When?"

If they consider making the 777, That should be about 1 year after the 767-400 release.

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

Thomson 757 Pilot

757/767 Pilot

Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
It would be nice to see a 777 in the market with the same quality as the CS fleet. Im not to bothered on the time of release, Its "IF" they will want to make the jump from the 767? Or will they start a 787 project. I just seem to think there is a gap in the market for a good 777 on FSX. Thanks for the feedback Cthulhus.

IP Logged

Space shuttle

Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2009 at 1:02am
Print Post  
Something I would love to see is a BBJ design of either the 777 or 747-8. Ariane has done a 737 BBJ for fs9 but it is very expensive they are nickle and dime you for everything from repaints to support. And there are no BBJ addons for fsx. CS I think you should have a corporate section because only a few of us can afford the real BBJ but for those of us who can't I think will be very happy to see a CS quality BBJ addon. Cheesy

IP Logged

flyingfanatic333

Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2009 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Space shuttle wrote on Jul 24th, 2009 at 1:02am:
Something I would love to see is a BBJ design of either the 777 or 747-8. Ariane has done a 737 BBJ for fs9 but it is very expensive they are nickle and dime you for everything from repaints to support. And there are no BBJ addons for fsx. CS I think you should have a corporate section because only a few of us can afford the real BBJ but for those of us who can't I think will be very happy to see a CS quality BBJ addon. Cheesy

When Avsim is back online, there is a really good package on there that turns the 737NG from a certain developer into several BBJ variants.

IP Logged

Space shuttle

Reply #5 - Jul 31st, 2009 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Yes but I mean with a whole virtual interior starting from the flight deck all the way to the rear lav or whatever they put at the rear of the aircraft.

Ariane seems again to nickle a dime everyone, I mean you have to buy repaints? Angry Huh Undecided Not going to happen you have to pay for everything. and I've heard that that it has more issues than quality's I would very much like to see something of a large private jet to add to my fleet.

IP Logged

James F. Chams

Reply #6 - Jul 31st, 2009 at 3:32am
Print Post  
Thomson 757 Pilot wrote on Jul 12th, 2009 at 4:31pm:
...captain sim,
Just wanted to know if you would consider developing a 777?...

CS Staff,

I too would very much favor a B777; after your current B767 (which I will be buying when you complete everything  Wink ) and, ofcourse, your B-52.

Thank you very much!  Cool

PS: If you are able to make an F-22 or F-15 that would also be much appreciated.  Smiley

Thank you very much.&&Sincerely,&&From,&&        James F. Chams&&

IP Logged

ronyo30
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 5th, 2009 at 7:25am
Print Post  
Space shuttle wrote on Jul 31st, 2009 at 1:54am:
Yes but I mean with a whole virtual interior starting from the flight deck all the way to the rear lav or whatever they put at the rear of the aircraft.

Ariane seems again to nickle a dime everyone, I mean you have to buy repaints? Angry Huh Undecided Not going to happen you have to pay for everything. and I've heard that that it has more issues than quality's I would very much like to see something of a large private jet to add to my fleet.

There is much truth to the nickle and dime and worse problems. I'd avoid Ariane like the black plague. They Fooled me once Undecided, They Fooled me twice Embarrassed, never again will I be sucked into that Angry.

However I got around the paying for repaints by making my own repaint kit and creating a nice Air Berlin, American and Delta paint for myself. Smiley

-Todd

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #8 - Aug 11th, 2009 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Well, in the interest of equal time for the opposing viewpoint, I'll chirp up to say my Ariane 737 X2 for FSX is one of my favorite airplanes and has a whole lot going for it, not the least of which it rolls through FSX on oiled ball bearings, so frame rates are a non-issue.  It is pricey and you do have to pay for liveries, although they have a decent single package with a world-wide sampling.

Ariane is one of those companies people love to hate, which I admit to feeling some sympathy for.  They have done more than their share to bring it on themselves in the past.  Based on my experience with their X2 for FSX, I'd have to say they are doing a good job, now.  But when you do buy repaints you are getting interior changes, too, as well as appropriate thrust ratings, i.e. you are buying specific airplanes, not just skins.  Not to mention the repains are by McPhat, which is nice.

But, like I said, it is pricey and you do have to pay for repaints.  And that, by the way, is probably the wave of the future for those who want the very best in specularity and bump maps, the sort of thing that is beyond the abilities of most of us.  If you can build a kit and push up toward 300 pixels per meter and spend the time bumping every rivet, chip and ripple, then you are indeed technically expert and talented.  Of course, there will always be talented people who will work with the stock kit, as we've already seen with the 767.  (And how!)  Without a team working on a UHDT project, though, you are going to have months and months of work ahead of you.  Now, if I had the ability to do that, I would probably consider that time well spent, but I don't.

Personally, I'm willing to pay for liveries, especially if they are to McPhat standards as exhibited in the new AAL for the Super 80.  Given a choice between flying a very nice standard livery and a 280 pixel per meter show pony that cost me a few bucks, I'm probably going to go with the latter to get the most out of my limited hobby time, at least for a few favorites.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Matt flyguy

Reply #9 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Cthulhus wrote on Jul 13th, 2009 at 4:00pm:
as you know, CS work on a 767-400 who is technically close enough to the 777 (I mean the cockpit, philosophy)...

The "jump" to the 777 should be possible. But now the question : "When?"

If they consider making the 777, That should be about 1 year after the 767-400 release.

I would love to see a 777 also. Every other payware 777 out there has at least one reason it sucks. . . Also, you said the 764 and the 777 have similar cockpits? That's not exactly true, but it would be nice for Captain Sim to make a whole new aircraft that's different from the ones they've been making. . .

-Matt

IP Logged

Matt flyguy

Reply #10 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
It would not be smart for CS to do a 787. That's all I an say. It's pretty much impossible to make an aircraft that's accessible. We don't even know how the 787 systems work, or how the interior sounds like. All we have is that one taxi test, and some pictures. No one's ever even seen it's flight deck!

The 777 on the other hand would be great!

-Matt

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top