Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Only 2 WORDS (Read 11732 times)
patrick 3178

Re: Only 2 WORDS
Reply #15 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Robert and hammer,

Both of you are right, I think its getting a bit too much one answering the other about CS and another company. To me they are both nice aircrafts to fly, of course their differences in graphics and flying and it shows. I have to agree with signmanbob that another company could do more with the aircraft and maybe by CS coming out with their 767 it makes another company moving their backsides a bit more and start showing something about their new 757 other then that I think everybody has personal preferences and if we want to criticise do it with out writing rubbish over the other developers and after all lets not take things personally it's not that they are giving us a chunk of their revenue if one likes Cs more then another company so be it if otherwise the same.

Thanks
Patrick

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #16 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
"better" and "technically superior" are relative terms that may or may not be helpful.  More is not always better, as you can observe with the change of clothing summer brings every year.  Sometimes less is better, sometimes more is way too much.  It all depends Smiley

The only time I was blindly loyal to Captain Sim was after a night landing in the 757 cockpit (ba DUM) -- and thanks for the improvement on the 767 night lights, yes, indeedy!

I doubt I will be spending enough time in my 'other' 767 to find out now, for the very reason I'm not blind.  But that's why we have different companies.  Each one satisfies the needs of its adherents, and some peoples' slider happens to be toward the fidelity side, while others prefer the appearance side.

The comparison game wasn't a whole lot of fun before, and, although it is more justified with two identical aircraft models, I don't know how far you can take it.  We still have two very asymetrical products here, one of unquestionable visual beauty and the other of legendary system depth.  I don't see a lot of switching, but I could be wrong.

You could compare me and Tom Cruise.  Most people would prefer Tom Cruise on looks.  If you needed a criminal defense lawyer, you would probably prefer me.  Of course Hedy Lamarr was not only the most beautiful woman ever, but held the patent for a jamming countermeasure that wasn't put into action until the 1960s.  For me, Captain Sim's 767 strikes the right balance between looks and function.  She's my Hedy Lamarr of add-ons.  (Am I showing my age?  Everyone is saying. "Who the Hell is Hedy Lamarr?")

Oh, and about loyalty... let me take the minority view and say that there is something fun about loyalty, having a team to root for.  Like baseball.  These companies are small enough and have enough style on their own that it is hard for me to see them in solely economic terms.  Doesn't mean they can do no wrong, and fans complain more than anyone about their teams.  But it makes me happy to see Captain Sim do well because they get dumped on so much.

There's another company that gets dumped on a lot that I recent bought something from... hmmm....  jury is still  out on that one.  But making your own mind up about stuff is fun.

The only thing I'm miffed about is what good is being a reviewer and having a direct line to The Captain Himself (a very reclusive individual who has been living abroad since the Russian Revolution) if he doesn't tip you off, like, "psst... I wouldn't buy any Boeing add-ons starting and ending with a seven in the next three weeks, wink wink."  Grin  So now I have TWO 767s, one of which is kinda spoiled for me every time I look at the vc (although you have to hand it to Awf, who did a nice user re-texture with what he had to work with).

Anyway, joking aside, the title of the thread is provocative, and even if true, I would mark the passing with bowed head and respect for a great and enduring product that set the bar early, rather than a dancing on its grave sort of way.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32†Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Hammer

Reply #17 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Tim Capps wrote on Jul 13th, 2009 at 7:45pm:
You could compare me and Tom Cruise.  Most people would prefer Tom Cruise on looks.

No matter, I have met and spoken to him and I bet you are taller and make more sense.  LOL

Check 6...&&Chris.&&&&Computer Specs:I6850 3.0 o/c to 3,4, 4 GB 800 speed OCZ Ram, ASUS PQ5 MOBO, XFX 9800 GTX+, Saitek x52 Pro, Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #18 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
You're fast, Chris!  We did both wear the uniform of a Navy JAG -- A Few Good Men is still one of my favorites.

Hey, and thanks for getting my six on your comment on my 757 review when someone was complaining about me not complaining about hardware support (which I did mention, but didn't tear my hair out about).  The support was all the more welcome for coming from an unexpected quarter  Grin

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32†Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top