Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
727 review (Read 4825 times)
Tyrion

Aviation Student

727 review
Jul 2nd, 2009 at 11:07am
Print Post  
I recently reviewed the CS727 for flightsimulatorxworld.com.
The review can be found here:
http://flightsimulatorxworld.com/home-mainmenu-1/reviews/65-aircraft/333-review-...

Lars

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Re: 727 review
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Nice review but you are for me too positive on it. For exemple you don't mention the "small" problems like the non simulation of the EPR settings who are very important on a real 727.

but anyway, nice review

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Good review!  You can't list every niggle, and reviews are usually pitched toward the average user who won't now what EPR is.  I would give it four stars.  There's no perfect airplane out there.  But there's nothing like the 727 for FSX. It is, in my opinion, the best-looking airplane available, and most everything in the beautifully distressed cockpit works in all its quirky glory.

Reviewers can never make everyone (anyone?) happy.

If you want a questionable review, read Flight Sim's review of the 757, which starts off , "I don't really lilke virtual cockpits..."  Now that guy may be the best reviewer in the world, but if you are going to cross off the virtual cockpit -- the main attraction for the 757 -- then probably someone else should have done the review.

That's like me reviewing the 767 and saying "I am just not a fan of complex jets..." and spending the review talking about how its virtual cockpit isn't as good as the 757's.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
hope i don't hurt you, that was just a feeling. For me ths EPR and engines settings are important, for others, no Smiley So it's just my point of view and I'm agreed with what Tim Capps said regarding the review of the 757.

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 12:59am
Print Post  
I'm glad people give some comments and critics!! This was my first review ever, how can I ever make better ones if I don't get critics!! Thank you guys!
I can't mention every single problem in the aircraft I review for several reasons.
First of all, I have limited space (the original 727 review went way over that, had to loose some stuff)
Second, I don't know everything about aircraft yet myself (wish I did...) let alone about virtual renditions of those aircraft.

@ Tim,
I also said to give it 4 stars, but had some doubt since most of the review was written with v2.1, and contained a lot of info on remaining bugs. I had to edit it a lot with the v2.2 release. The site owner seems to have overruled my judgement, probably with those sections of the old review still in mind.

Thanks for the comments!!

Lars

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

Reply #5 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
I didn't know that was your first review- good job mate  Grin

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #6 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Thanks!  Grin

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #7 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
My 757 review for AVSIM is still sitting on the editor's "desk" so I am acutely aware of the challenges reviewers face, especially on controversial products. I know it sounds ridiculous to call a toy airplane "controversial," but the flight sim community can be strange.

It is of epic length since there was so much bad forum buzz I figured I needed to address the complaints and either confirm, say I couldn't reproduce, or give a workaround.  That's probably why I haven't heard back from him  Undecided

Evidently the last AVSIM review of the 757 caused rioting, with 767 cultists burning cars in the streets.

Plus, I'm a trial lawyer, so I feel the necessity of proving everything.  "The 757 stands accused of single-digit frame rates.  Ladies and gentlement of the jury, I invite your attention to exhibits A, B, and C.  You can see for yourself in these screen shots at KMIA, I am getting 20 FPS with a very long line of traffic ahead of it."

If anything, the 727 is even better, or maybe it just seems that way because completing a flight with radio navigation and bringing her in by hand is just such a rush.  I would not have guessed that was your first review, either.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

Reply #8 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Finished mine today... it is ridiculously long and will need trimming, but thank goodness it's done!

I will post here when it's published  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top