Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
FS9 C-130 ILS Approach Problem (Read 5329 times)
Joseph

FS9 C-130 ILS Approach Problem
Jun 21st, 2009 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
I set-up the course, ILS frequeny and on the approach, I engaged the approach button. At this point, the plane turns as if to approach the runway, but falls drastically out of the sky.  I don't have any problem with other planes I fly, using this procedure...please, what am I doing wrong with the C-130? Cry

IP Logged

yannay

Re: FS9 C-130 ILS Approach Problem
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Joseph wrote on Jun 21st, 2009 at 12:33pm:
I set-up the course, ILS frequeny and on the approach, I engaged the approach button. At this point, the plane turns as if to approach the runway, but falls drastically out of the sky.  I don't have any problem with other planes I fly, using this procedure...please, what am I doing wrong with the C-130? Cry

i think this may help you. search in the kb:417 and read it.
if not you say that its in the glide slope but not keeps on the glide slope?

IP Logged

Joseph

Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Thanks Yannay for the info.

Well, I'm not a pro at this stuff...learning. I do fly serveral Captain Sim aircraft, the 727, 757, others and have no problem with the ILS approach. I set-up the Flight Plan for the C-130 the same as these aircraft...select IFR for the type of flight.  The C-130 radio is set to the ILS frequency of the airport.  I select the NAV ILS mode and prior to the approach, I select the approach or glide slope button. At this point the  C-130 goes astray. On the other aircraFT...smooth, straight on  to the runway.

I'll check out the KB-417 Roll Eyes

IP Logged

yannay

Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
im not a pro so i got similiar problem.its turning to the right an pass the runway and then turn to the left and again and again.

i'll try some things and tell you..
well i found some things that might help slove this problem.
i searched for some pope afb airport charts and found this page:

http://naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0906/00147IL23.PDF

now i can see from wich altitude to come for  the aprroach and etc.
if it says 2000 the ils "beam" so i will come from 1800 and try to engage in instrument landing.

IP Logged

Joseph

Reply #4 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
OK Yannay...let me know what you come up with. I have always set up the flight plan in FS9 using an IFR plan and following the ATC for directions. They always instruct to come in @1500 feet and I haven't had any problem landing the planes in my files, except for this C-130. My brother was having the same problem and he said he finally got it to work by setting up a GPS flight plan.  He said he flew the plane in the GPS mode and when he started making the final approach, he switch to the NAV/LIS mode and click the glide slope button...perfect landing for him. I tried this and couldn't get it to work either. I'll get back witih him and let him walk me through and see what happens. In the mean time keep me posted Yannay...thinks.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

yannay

Reply #5 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 8:22am
Print Post  
try this: go to the c-130 file (where ace and etc located) and press flight,there will be 3 flight cold and dark hot cockpit and pope afb landing enter to the pope afb landing and you will be on final with every thing set to ils landing just press the approach knob and it should be doing ils...

try this and tell what happend.. Cool

IP Logged

Joseph

Reply #6 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
OK  Yannay...I'll give it a try. Maybe this will give me a hint as to what I'm doing wrong... many thanks for your diligent help. Will keep you posted on how things work out. Smiley

IP Logged

Joseph

Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 3:38am
Print Post  
Yannay, I did go the flight file listed in the Ace folder. I tried all three landing files. The first one listed really help me in understanding the problem that I'm having with the ILS approach. I made several approaches using this file and made straight on landings. This has really helped me in resolving the problem and again, I really appreciate your help. I hope I can be of some assistance to you down the line.  Smiley

IP Logged

yannay

Reply #8 - Jun 25th, 2009 at 9:57am
Print Post  
congratulation! no problem for helping you up.
Cool Cool

IP Logged

Lazerxxx

Reply #9 - Jul 15th, 2009 at 2:52am
Print Post  
yannay wrote on Jun 25th, 2009 at 9:57am:
congratulation! no problem for helping you up.
Cool Cool

Shouldn't that be down....lol....j/k.....Happy Flying.

Hayden

&& &&&&
YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top