Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
727 vs 757 (Read 2566 times)
ThePred

727 vs 757
Jun 14th, 2009 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
I had bought 757 for FSX without doing any research about captainsim. I do not even have it installed anymore (I have the latest packs), I just can not fly with a plane that does not have a properly functioning FMC and crashes all the time.

Is 727 any different?
I may give 727 a try, but I won't until I get some answers here.
Regards.

IP Logged

aal763

Boeing Expert

Re: So, has CS learned anything from 757?
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 1:40am
Print Post  
The 727 is a wonderful plane to say the least.  It looks amazing, performs great, and is a joy to fly.  Captain Sim did a really good job modeling the systems.  It does not have an FMS so you don't have to worry about that.  There are a few minor problems however (look under my post about things that need to be changed in 2.2).  I give the solution for a lot of people's initial troubles, all you have to do is add my line into the aircraft.cfg.  If you have never flown a "classic plane before, this may be a big surprise for you.  It is a power hog, meaning on approach with full flaps, you need a lot of power to keep it in the air.  Besides the great appearance, this bird sports really great fps.  I can honestly say that this aircraft will stay on my harddrive for many years to come.  I just can't get enough of it.

Best Regards,
AAL763 Smiley

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: 727 vs 757
Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 7:51am
Print Post  
ThePred wrote on Jun 14th, 2009 at 11:16pm:
I had bought 757 for FSX without doing any research about captainsim. I do not even have it installed anymore (I have the latest packs), I just can not fly with a plane that does not have a properly functioning FMC and crashes all the time.

The issues you describe have been fixed in the latest version

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
And that, my amigo, is why you do your research  Grin

jk mate, no offense.

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
My experience was obviously different with the 757.  I am just now getting into the 727, and have found it to be of equal quality.  It is a radically different kind of airplane, and not as easy to fly.  You have to use some at least basic radio navigation skills.  You also have to stay after the airplane all the time, because this is old school.  Forget punching in your altitude and leaning back in your seat to watch the airplane fly itself.  You can set your pitch and dial in your nav frequencies, but you are going to have to cover the changeovers from one VOR to the next by switching to heading hold as you pass over and changing frequencies on NAV 1.

In my opinion this is the high-water mark graphically for flight simulation.  I invite your attention to what has been marked for identification as Exhibit A, Eastern Airlines 1976 livery.  A matter of taste, but for my money, there is not a better looking piece of art in FSX.  Even better than the 757.  And a lot of fun to fly, too.  Yeah, you have to keep pouring on the juice all the way in, but you can get kiss-gentle landings, too.

I don't know if I would want a steady diet of 727, but it is certainly my classic short-to-medium hauler of choice.

Personal gotcha: without the electric always on fix my autopilot snapped off after a bit.  So if you're having problems with the rudimentary AP, try that.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top