Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
VC texture resize : HOW? (Read 2213 times)
ZachLW

VC texture resize : HOW?
May 26th, 2009 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Good evening all. I've searched the forum and found topics, but no answers! I'm trying to resize the VC textures from 1024X down to 512. The question is, which textures are they, and what program can I use to do so. I would like to batch resize them if that's possible. While I'm at it. I bought the Pro line along with the freighter. I don't have a VC in the freighter, regardless of what I save with the ACE.

Zach Waddell

IP Logged

ZachLW

Re: VC texture resize : HOW?
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2009 at 3:54am
Print Post  
Anyone?

Zach Waddell

IP Logged

drepamig

Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 2:29am
Print Post  
Hello,

You'd probably be better off asking this somewhere that gets more traffic, like Flightsim.com or Avsim.net. Someone probably has a better way than I can think of... anyway, I'd recommend getting imagetool (available in the Terrian SDK here: http://www.scenery.org/tutorials_fs2k4_SDK.htm).

I'd make a copy of all of the VC textures into a separate directory along with imagetool.exe. Create a batch file with something to the effect of:

Code
Select All
imagetool -batch -32 -nomip *.bmp 

That'll convert the DXT3 textures to BMPs, so they can be edited by any program. At that point, resize them however you want, then create another batch file with something like this:

Code
Select All
imagetool -batch -DXT3 -nomip *.bmp 

Then overwrite the originals and you should be set.

That should at least get you started. If you want more info, you can run imagetool.exe /help and it'll give you a list of possible commands.

I haven't tried this myself other than to just see if it's works in general, so YMMV.

Hope that helps,
Ian

IP Logged

ZachLW

Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Thanks Ian, very informative. I'll give this a try later tonight.

Zach Waddell

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top