Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Unable to slave HSI to GPS/ILS... (Read 2020 times)
hondadogie

Unable to slave HSI to GPS/ILS...
May 11th, 2009 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
No matter how much I follow the startup procedure included in the manual, when i am flying usung the FSX GPS and have a flight plan loaded, I cannot slave the HSI needles to the GPS or even to an ILS frequency...am I correct inunderstanding that all I have to do i s turn the gray know near the AP controls to GPS or ILS and it should work??

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Re: Unable to slave HSI to GPS/ILS...
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2009 at 12:59am
Print Post  
Hey,

I just tested the ILS system, and it worked just fine for me.
I took off, entered the ILS frequency in both nav radios, set the HSI heading correctly, and all worked.
The GPS is another story, I tested it before switching to ILS, and it worked, but when I switched back to GPS after my ILS landing, it didn't work anymore.
However, don't take me on that one, maybe the fact that it's 3 o'clock in the morning has something to do with that!
I'll try again tomorrow, if I think about it, and let you know how that went.

Tyrion

IP Logged

Tailspin

Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Only rarely am I able to get any ILS indications either from the NAV or GPS. This old Hercybird is my favorite FSX aircraft, except that I can't fly it IFR.

Just shot the ILS at KCLM, for example (I'm beta testing the forthcomingt FTX Pacific Northwest terrain which is truely awesome) and never lost the flags or saw a needle wiggle.

Can someone tell me the magic technique? After 45 years and 10,000+ hours of flying I think I get the general idea  Wink, but  . . . .

IP Logged

Tailspin

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2009 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Just shot several approaches at Portland Int'l and it worked on 2 out of 3. On third one needle stayed 2 dots out despite aggressive correction. Eventually lost glideslope and had to fly the missed approach. Good practice, but ....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top