Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
C130x wont start? (Read 4266 times)
Zippy476

C130x wont start?
Apr 11th, 2009 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
I have tried following a few guides now but nothing I do seems to work. First I tried loading up the 172 turning everything off then selecting the c130 and trying a cold and dark from their, nothing happened. Then I tried loading the flight it came with and shutting it down to a cold and dark state then I tried to restart it and nothing.

The odd thing is I get sound but nothing happens. When I mess about with the condition levers I get sound sometimes and when I hit the starter the sound goes out. Or I set the condition lever to run hit the Starter I get sound but nothing happens.

It seems the condition levers are all messed up.

I just tried another one, When I moved condition lever 1 to ground idle engine one started I kept it running and went about starting the battery, APU ect.... I then moved all of the condition levers into the run position I hit the engine 3 starter and I got sound but nothing happened then the sound stopped and then started again and the engine started just when it was stabilizing both engines turned off. I tried to restart and nothing.

Looks like patch 1.4 is needed cause this thing is buggy as heck.

For $40 I'm not impressed or pleased at all.

IP Logged

FSPilot

Re: C130x wont start?
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2009 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Try clicking the starter button once, then clicking it again and holding it down (so you get the instrument panel up), let us know what you see.  In the aircraft you have to hold the starter button in until 60% to start the engine, so I just click it once to start the cycle and hold it in again to keep the engine gauges up and for realism.  Worth a shot.

If that doesn't work check all the simple stuff:
Main fuel tank boost pumps should be on
GTC should be on with bleed air open
GTC GEN should also be powering the ESS AC bus
Engine bleed air valve should be open

Also, I've noticed sometimes when switching from aircraft to aircraft that fuel won't be in all of the tanks of the new aircraft.  Double check that your respective main tank has fuel in it (if you're starting in tank-to-engine).

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2009 at 12:42am
Print Post  
What did it for me was assigning a key command to 'open all fuel valves' in fsx,
and hitting that right before hitting the engine start button.
maybe just a workaround, but at least it works...
(got that hint somewhere on the forum here by the way...)

Tyrion

IP Logged

Zippy476

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2009 at 4:03am
Print Post  
It seems its the condition levers. If I do a cold and dark from the 172 but leave the condition levers on run instead of pulling them back to ground stop everything works.

If I try to say pull condition lever 1 back to the ground stop position as I'm pulling it back at a certain point in between It must glitch because when it hit's\passes through that point the engine will start and if I hold it their it will continue to start and then run.

I will post a video.

IP Logged

Zippy476

Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2009 at 4:38am
Print Post  
OK first I loaded up the 172 and turned everything off. Then I loaded up the C130 in the cold and dark state. Nothing is on at all. I grab condition lever 1 to put into ground stop position and........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRVchvitYpw

Sometimes it will just make the sound sometimes it will actually start.

IP Logged

ESzczesniak

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2009 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I just got this aircraft and had similar (actually identical) problems.  The condition levers are mapped to engine RPM commands and CTRL+F1 gives you ground stop and CTRL+F4 gives you run.  I found using the key commands avoids this issue.  There must be something about traveling through the area between the two extremes that makes CS want to start the engines.

I'm still working out the bugs, but with this I've been able to nearly always start the C-130 as directed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top