Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Glide scope & localizer intercept (Read 3044 times)
roger

Glide scope & localizer intercept
May 4th, 2009 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
I am having trouble picking up the localizer .I have the radieo and the course put in but it will not pick it up I am at the altitude and speed I should be at but it is not happening. Last flight I only got the glide scope ? any help would be great.

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Re: Glide scope & localizer intercept
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2009 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Normally, this addon work perfectly with that so for a better analysis could you explain us step by step how your making your approach? For example, just after the TOD. (Which systems are armed?)

Screens shoots may help us too.

And please tell which 757 version you use? 4.2 ? FSUIPC Installed? Does this issue happen on all airports with ILS equipment ?

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

roger

Reply #2 - May 5th, 2009 at 11:18am
Print Post  
FSUIPC4.2 is installed It will not happen all the time .New York airports. I use built in ATC and at t.o.d I have nothing set. When I am givin the runway and what level to intercept the localizer I then set nav freq. and coarse until I have bottom and left side needles then I hit APPR. I have also waited for right side needle before hitting APPR. botton but I just can not hook up. Other airports have worked somtimes It seems to be random?Captin Sim 757 fof FSX

IP Logged

SIR_PAGANINY

thrust level set, V1,
Rotate, V2

Reply #3 - May 5th, 2009 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
What you mean with built ATC?  If you are referring to the FSX standard ATC, nevermind it! it is crap and most of the time it makes you do things which are not what you should do in real... for instance the altitude approach most of the time is not the one you find on charts!   I always fly according the charts and i never fail the LOC and APP.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2009 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Did you tune the ILS radio?  Or the VOR/DME radio?

In the 757, only the ILS radio feeds the ILS/LOC mode of the HSI and AP.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top