Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Slightly tinted windows in VC (Read 1796 times)
soldano

Slightly tinted windows in VC
May 1st, 2009 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Noticed that what is seen through the VC windows is darker that what is seen from the 2D cocpit.-
It doesnt happens with other virtual cocpits.-
Seems that the windows are slightly tinted, dont know if in the real world they are so.-
Is there a way to modify that ?

IP Logged

David Zill

Re: Slightly tinted windows in VC
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2009 at 1:55am
Print Post  
You should only see the slight reflection effects, but other than that it should appear relatively transparent. I have experienced what you are experiencing on a different add-on aircraft from a different company. It looked like I was wearing a very dark pair on sunglasses, at night.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 4.05GHZ&&XFX nForce 780i SLI Motherboard&&(2) EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ 1GB   SLI Video Cards&&OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) @833Mhz/ 5-4-4-15/2T&&&&

IP Logged

soldano

Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2009 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
David Zill wrote on May 2nd, 2009 at 1:55am:
You should only see the slight reflection effects, but other than that it should appear relatively transparent. I have experienced what you are experiencing on a different add-on aircraft from a different company. It looked like I was wearing a very dark pair on sunglasses, at night.

Well, in Cap Sim B757 there is indeed a difference between what you see outside the VC and the 2D cocpits.-
I think the windows shouldnt be "relatively transparent", they should be as transparent as in the 2D windows cocpit.-
I dont think I am the only who notices that.-

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #3 - May 7th, 2009 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
The 2D panel doesn't have windows.  The VC does, just like the real plane.  Light that travels through glass changes its properties, even if slightly.  Yay realism!

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

soldano

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2009 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Bob Markey wrote on May 7th, 2009 at 10:14pm:
The 2D panel doesn't have windows.  The VC does, just like the real plane.  Light that travels through glass changes its properties, even if slightly.  Yay realism!

It happens in almost all VC panels, but in my opinion, in this one light changes its properties in excess, I feel as wearing sunglasses.-

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top