Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
To Buy or Not To Buy - That is The Question (Read 4314 times)
VulcanB2

To Buy or Not To Buy - That is The Question
Apr 12th, 2009 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Hi,

To buy, or not? I see there is no wx RADAR or INS, which is fine.

Are there any show-stoppers with this product? Is it worth the price tag?

I missed the sale unfortunately (I think this was discounted as well??).

Best regards,
Robin.

IP Logged

High Iron

Re: To Buy or Not To Buy - That is The Question
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2009 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Depends on your opinion of what a show stopper is.

The attention to detail and the desire to get it right makes this product worth every cent you spend on it. Is it flawless? No. It has what I would call minor issues that do not detract from the overall experience of the aircraft. The handling and operation is some of the best that I have seen in an simulated aircraft. I am a real RW airline pilot and can vouch for this product as being very realistic to the real thing. Some of the minor issues it has I feel may be more the limitations of MSFS, as this product is very demanding of MSFS's abilities, as well as the massive scope of complexity in getting this aircraft 100% flawless out the door. With this level of quality, to me, it's worth the price. I would purchase it again if I had to.

Cheers,
Thad

Intel i7- 980X OC 4.5GHz | 24GB DDR3 1600 RAM | EVGA GTX690 | ASUS Rampage III Extreme Motherboard | Corsair AX1200 PSU | 500Gb Samsung SSD (Prepar3D dedicated) | Windows 10 Pro 64

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 4:11am
Print Post  
Thank you for kind comments, Thad!

IP Logged

VulcanB2

Reply #3 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Of the few reviews I can find, they are favorable, but I can't find anything that really goes in-depth on the systems.

Quote:
I am a real RW airline pilot and can vouch for this product as being very realistic to the real thing.

Have you actually flown the 727?

Are items such as EPR accurate? I know in the past FS has had issues with this area.

Best regards,
Robin.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2009 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
The EPR on the 727 is closer to accurate in the latest service pack.

It is a very enjoyable plane to fly, though it still could use a few minor tweaks.  For people who fly always with autopilot, they probably won't notice something like the sensitivity of the pitch trim, but that's really the one thing left which I dislike... the plane is great.  If you have a love of complex aircraft and especially 727, you will love the 727 Captain package.  Cool

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

Reply #5 - May 10th, 2009 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
VulcanB2 wrote on Apr 13th, 2009 at 2:27pm:
Of the few reviews I can find, they are favorable, but I can't find anything that really goes in-depth on the systems.

Give me time....  I didn't do very well on my 757 review, but since the 727 is from an older generation, I can grasp the systems a lot better.   Hopefully my review will address the systems....  There's a lot to cover, though  Cheesy

IP Logged

RichardH

the 757 :D

Reply #6 - May 10th, 2009 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Which is lighter on frames, 757 or 727? I've got the exterior for 727, that seems better. But I don't have the interior, which look like they could use a load lot more.

IP Logged

markpi

Reply #7 - May 11th, 2009 at 6:47am
Print Post  
Richard, wait till you get inside! This aircraft is unbelievable, I cannot add more onto all the positive comments that have been echoed above. This true flying, I have their C130 and their 757, you cant compare them but by jove this is awesome. "Buy it"

Good luck

Mark

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top