Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 -200 and Freighter is Released! (Read 7422 times)
signmanbob

-200 and Freighter is Released!
Mar 6th, 2009 at 5:31am
Print Post  
Cheesy Just noticed that Captain Sim has released the -200 and Freighter.  I got it now and will install it tomorrow.  I expect they will look great as always. Wink
I would love to see a 727-200BBJ version released with this series.  It would be great with a really tricked out luxury interior.  They made a few of them out of the Boeing factory although I read that they were not officially designated as BBJs.

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

Re: -200 and Freighter is Released!
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Neat!  Thanks for letting us know Cheesy

I didn't notice, so I'm glad you did.

IP Logged

THBatMan8

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2009 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
I didn't know either until I sent a ticket to customer support asking about it a few days ago.

The response was:

It's already released  Shocked  Grin

It's a great plane though. I love the steam era planes.... No IRS, FMC, A/T = No hassle  Cool

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 7:02am
Print Post  
I'm getting to like them better too because they keep you busy during the flight.
Especially mine since the Alt Hold switch doesn't work.  It is a full time job just watching you altitude.

I love landing this 727.  It is so controllable.

IP Logged

sidney

Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
How can i get the 727-200 ? ....and where can i get ?

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #5 - Mar 9th, 2009 at 4:11am
Print Post  
Hi Sidney,
To get the 727-200 or the freighter for FSX, if you already have the 737-100, you can buy the upgrades as expansion packs.  If you don't have the 727-100 you can get the 727 Captain, which has all of the models -100, -200 and Freighter.  http://www.captainsim.com/products/x727/

When you click on "Buy Now" you will be asked to select how you will be purchasing it.  Choose how and you will be taken back to the store where you will see icons of the products.  Make sure you choose 727 Captain from the second row of icons if you don't already have the -100.
If you have the -100 then choose the "More Info" link on the 727-100 Pro Pack and scroll to the bottom where you will find the links for the -200 and Freighter.

IP Logged

jack bcn87

Reply #6 - Mar 9th, 2009 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
you know another thing that is really really fun with the 727? well, been doing this a few times online with friends.
dont descend for the airport initially. i stay at 32,000 feet or somewhere around that until about 10nm DME from the runway. then throttle off, airbreaks open, and dive.
if you do things just right, and have a little skill, ,you can land her easy nice and easy with RW room to spare.

anyway, just wanted to share that with ya all. its really fun and the plane just seems to be able to do it without fuss.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #7 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
How would it be possible to not overspeed or overstress the aircraft in a dive like that, spoilers or not?

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

ronyo30
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
I've been in a steep decent on a 27 from what I would guess to be about 10K(I wasn't in the cockpit so I don't know for sure) but to attempt that from 32K I don't think would be possible without loosing some vital parts of the aircraft. For one your IAS dosn't truely reflect the true the speed of the aircraft that high up. I'm not a pilot but to slow the aircraft down enough at 32K to deploy the spoilers you would most likely stall out.

IP Logged

jack bcn87

Reply #9 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
well. spilers out, and engines pulled back, wait a second thend dive. she will go over speed a tiny bit, not for long tho, once you hit 10k and start nosing up to level off for the RW, you will begin to slow to landing speeds. landing a bit fast but only like 160kts if you do it right.

i am sure in the real aircraft it wouldn't really be possible, but hey its really really fun to do.

i did it form like 7 DME the other night, and well that one was bad. came in a bit to fast as i didnt have the arc going to slow down, but was fun and i still landed the bird.

have fun guys

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #10 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
I just read that when the test pilots were testing the 727 they put it through some grueling maneuvers.
They actually did complete barrel rolls with it and other acrobatic maneuvers.
The 727 was built to take a beating so I wouldn't doubt it could withstand something like this if it could control the speed.

Bob

IP Logged

Buzz313th

Reply #11 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 1:49am
Print Post  
signmanbob wrote on Mar 9th, 2009 at 4:11am:
Hi Sidney,
To get the 727-200 or the freighter for FSX, if you already have the 737-100, you can buy the upgrades as expansion packs.  If you don't have the 727-100 you can get the 727 Captain, which has all of the models -100, -200 and Freighter.  http://www.captainsim.com/products/x727/

When you click on "Buy Now" you will be asked to select how you will be purchasing it.  Choose how and you will be taken back to the store where you will see icons of the products.  Make sure you choose 727 Captain from the second row of icons if you don't already have the -100.
If you have the -100 then choose the "More Info" link on the 727-100 Pro Pack and scroll to the bottom where you will find the links for the -200 and Freighter.

I looked and there is nothing that indicates you can buy the entire 727 captain product that includes the 100/200 and 200F.  The only option to purchase as a new FSX customer is to buy the 727 pro pack and then the 200 and Freighter upgrades...

Maybe I'm missing something, but to get all three it's buying each one seperately.   

I will buy it now if I can get all three for 59 euros.

JB

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #12 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 4:56am
Print Post  
Unfortunately there is no 'all in one' product available.

IP Logged

Aviator327

Airline Transport Pilot
(Ret)

Reply #13 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 10:56am
Print Post  
signmanbob wrote on Mar 8th, 2009 at 7:02am:
I'm getting to like them better too because they keep you busy during the flight.
Especially mine since the Alt Hold switch doesn't work.  It is a full time job just watching you altitude.

I love landing this 727.  It is so controllable.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/signmanbob/CS-727-200_Landing001_Rwy24L-K...

Nice screenshot Bob. Since this bird doesn't have autothrottle it is very easy to exceed Mack .84 so you have to watch your airspeed.

&&&&Dell XPS600 l Dell 2407WFP l FS9.1 FSX SP2 l Win7 Prox64 l Evga GTX260 896mb&&&&

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #14 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
For one your IAS dosn't truely reflect the true the speed of the aircraft that high up. I'm not a pilot but to slow the aircraft down enough at 32K to deploy the spoilers you would most likely stall out.

The IAS (indicated air speed) is indeed the speed that the *density* of air you're flying in is impacting the aircraft and control surfaces.  If the wings cannot take more than X knots indicated airspeed, you should not exceed that indicated airspeed at any altitude.  Indicated airspeed decreases as altitude increases, because the air pressure also decreases as the altitude increases.

This differs from TAS (true air speed) which is your indicated airspeed corrected for temperature and pressure altitude.  TAS is the speed you're actually moving through the air.

This also differs from GS (ground speed) which is your true airspeed corrected for any effects of the column of air you are moving through (winds), and is the speed you're actually covering over the ground.

You can figure all these out with a few simple readings from your instruments (Altimeter and Outside Air Temperature) and a cheap little gizmo (under $10 for the paper ones) called an E6-B.

This also differs from CAS, EAS... but I digress.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top