Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 F-35/F-22 (Read 5642 times)
pilot7893

F-35/F-22
Feb 28th, 2009 at 5:10am
Print Post  
I have only seen 2 F-35 lightnings for FSX. The first one is from Acbus, and detail was clearly not their first priority Undecided The second one was a freeware one from Simviation. I was wondering, "How legendary would it be in Captain Sim made an F-35 for FSX?" Or even better, an F-22 Raptor, since the only FSX version is from Iris, and it was originaly for FS2004. So the afterburner is messed up, and there's not enough detail. I really think CS could make these ones shine, especialy as a 2-pack. Wink

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Re: F-35
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Hey,

I agree on this, a package with the F-22 Raptor and the F-35 lightning would be great!!
But since the VTOL flight characteristics in FSX totally suck, just maybe not an F-35B...
I really love these Lockheed-Martin fighters, so if CS makes them for fsx, I would definitely buy them.

Tyrion

IP Logged

pilot7893

Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 5:37am
Print Post  
Something tells me CS could manage the coding for a realistic hover to fighter jet transforming plane.

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
you might be right...
And if you are, that would give us an awesome plane!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Tyrion

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
My thoughts....

Quite frankly, everyone would buy it.  All of the people who like to fly modern airliners would love the systems of the Raptor, and all of the people who like older aircraft generally like fighters, so they would get this simply because it's a fighter, albeit a new one.  Additionally, there are simply NO F-22's on the market which are really satisfactory.  It's a niche no one has filled, and Captain Sim could be the first.

Between the F-22 and F-35- I think the F-22 is the better option.  Unless I'm very much mistaken, the Raptor doesn't have actual VTOL capabilities.  So, it would be easier to programme but no less appealing.

The Systems programming wouldn't have to be ridiculously  complex...  Take the another company F-16.  It's a great plane, and I'm sure they had pretty close to full access to the real aircraft.  However, I suppose the gov would be more particular about letting people see the Raptor's systems.  However, Captain Sim could still make a better addon simply by adding full lighting control, and even some of the less-advanced systems that another company left out.  

I think it's really possible.  Captain Sim, if the community generated enough interest for a Captain Sim F-22, would you consider making it?  I'm sure I could get Nels over at FlightSim.com to post a poll asking if people would be interested in this Smiley

IP Logged

pilot7893

Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 1:09am
Print Post  
Nice to see I'm getting so much support here!

IP Logged

Hornet720

Reply #6 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 12:46am
Print Post  
I think both aircraft would be excellent additions to the armoury, although my personal preference would have to be the F-35 - mainly due to my love of carrier landings.
Speaking of which, there is an add-on for FSX, containing the Harrier, Rafale, & Lightning II. The add-on is carrier-based, and I beleive the harrier has a hover option because it's allied to the British carriers, which means it has to be able to hover in order to land. It's called Carrier Strike Force, go check it out:

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

Reply #7 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Hornet720 wrote on Mar 14th, 2009 at 12:46am:
I think both aircraft would be excellent additions to the armoury, although my personal preference would have to be the F-35 - mainly due to my love of carrier landings.
Speaking of which, there is an add-on for FSX, containing the Harrier, Rafale, & Lightning II. The add-on is carrier-based, and I beleive the harrier has a hover option because it's allied to the British carriers, which means it has to be able to hover in order to land. It's called Carrier Strike Force, go check it out:

ugh....   I don't know, though... it's by Abacus, and I suppose there's a chance that it might be decent, but I wouldn't dare spend money on it with their reputation...  you can't fault me when I say a CS one would be better than their F-35 Wink

IP Logged

RichardH

the 757 :D

Reply #8 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
I would like a F-22, but I would rather wait for the F-35 to come into active service. Then CS would be able to make it perfect.

IP Logged

pilot7893

Re: F-35/F-22
Reply #9 - Apr 1st, 2009 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Well, the way I see it, CS would have some tricky coding with both of them
F-35: Realistic hovering/fighter jet capabilities
F-22: Functional gimbaling of main engines.

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

Re: F-35/F-22
Reply #10 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
I bet they could do it, though Cheesy

If CS expresses an interest in this, I was going to talk to my editor at FlightSim.com and see if he would post a poll asking if people would like to see this come true or not.

And a couple other sites, too.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top