Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Cannot see selected ILS (Read 6107 times)
jerooum

Cannot see selected ILS
Feb 19th, 2009 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
I have spent a couple of days on this including re-installs but my 757 refuses to pick up either the ILS LOC or GP.  I have tried manual and auto-tune and in both cases, the correct freq and hdg are displayed but even when I am right in the middle of the beam I see no indications that the on eitherADI or HSI - for example, neither the localizer pointer and deviation scale or GP pointer and scale appear on the ADI.

V odd and frustrating so grateful for any help.

IP Logged

Zakk

Re: Cannot see selected ILS
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
1. To land ils you must have the   Nav/gps   switch to nav.          2. App hold must be on.    3. The runway must have a minimum of a cat ii ils system installed of a gs and loc.   4. Cross your fingers and hope for a smooth landing

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 12:41am
Print Post  
jerooum,

Are you tuning ILS into the ILS radio or the left/right VOR/DME radios?  The ILS radio is in the center stand above the rudder trim indicator and below the transponder.

As seen in this pic:

Alternatively, go to the FMC, click the NAV RAD button, punch in your frequency and course in the scratchpad and click the left side button next to the ILS prompt such as "108.90/036"

Then the EFIS map switch must be set to either the expanded ILS or full ILS setting for the HSI to appear on the display.  Also, localizer and glideslope information appears on the ADI when the radio has signals for those.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

jerooum

Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 8:41am
Print Post  
Many thanks for the help, but:

1.  Cannot see a nav/gps switch in the 757 - anyone know where it is?  Its selected ok in default ac.

2.  All selections are made correctly - bur there are no loc/gp indications on either ADI or HSI.  So I assume that although radio is tuned correctly it cannot receive the signal for some reason.

V grateful for any other ideas

John R

IP Logged

patrick 3178

Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 11:20am
Print Post  
There is no nav/gps buttons that system exists only in the default aircraft not on these kind of add-on, so dont bother looking for it just follow what Bob wrote.

Regards
Patrick

IP Logged

jerooum

Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Thanks - I guessed that but wondered if CS had put one in for some reaon of their own making!

I have followed Bob's suggestions in detail with no change. Also,  I have using another company, another company and PSS for several years and the CS simulation should be the same.

Wonder if I have got some add-on that might be interfering?

John R

IP Logged

patrick 3178

Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Dont take this the wrong way but are you sure you are putting the frequency in the right radio system? The ILS one is at the bottom on the throttle panel as Bob showed you, the radio frequency on top were the autopilot is, that's for the VOR not for ILS I know cause it happened to me aswell Cheesy and I was waiting for nothing, after I realised it was not the right radio and make sure that the frequency is right cause only one wrong digit is enough not to be established on the LOC.

Patrick

IP Logged

jerooum

Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Patrick,

Thanks - apreciate your comment but I am doing it the right way.  In fact I have just installed a clean FSX onto a different computer then installed CS 757 so that it is the only addon.  Guess what - ILS is perfect.

So its back to my main system to see what is the difference.

C'est la vie!

John

IP Logged

patrick 3178

Reply #8 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Well sometimes things like these happen its just sometimes every add-on it's effected in a different way. I have a 737 from another developer and i cannot start the engines if i go to the default cessna or 737 default and switch the engines off and then go to the 737 (add-on), then I have another 737 from another developer that I can set from cold and dark so I go in this aircraft and then I go into my other 737 (add-on) and it starts fine but when I went on the forum they dont have the problems that i have.Anyway good luck.

IP Logged

jerooum

Reply #9 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Patrick,

Computers and our hobby continue to fool me!  I have:

1,  Rebuit FSX.cfg with and without installing all my addons' dll {another company etc}
2.  Rebuilt FSUIPC.ini
3.  Run FSX withall sliders at minimum
4.  Changed graphics card settings.

Finally, I rebuilt the dll.xml - Eureka!  We now see the ILS.

As far as I can see, there is no difference between the old and new dll.xml but we had a similar solution to a problem with Traffic X when it was first released.

Thanks for your help.
Regards

John

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #10 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 5:56am
Print Post  
BTW, NAV/GPS switch is inside an FMC menu, I think it's in the last page of the position menus.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

jerooum

Reply #11 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Got it - TVM

IP Logged

soldano

Reply #12 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
jerooum wrote on Feb 23rd, 2009 at 4:16pm: