Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
2 easy steps for ILS funtionality... (Read 2051 times)
Dillon

2 easy steps for ILS funtionality...
Dec 20th, 2008 at 6:29am
Print Post  
Just thought I'd consolidate our recent work around in a simple fashion until whatever issue most of us are having gets resolved by CS (Hopefully).

Thanks to some very smart guys around here here is the quick and dirty in getting successful Autopilot assisted ILS functionality:

1. Upon getting runway clearance to land punch in the ILS frequency on the center console.  Leave the VOR1 setting on the main panel set to 'Auto'.

2. In order to get the runway track info on the lower ND screen all one has to do is call up the 'DEP/ARV' page and scroll down past all the assisted runway approach options and choose just the runway ('06R' for example not 'ILS06R').  Go back to the 'RTE LEGS' page and delete any discontinuities and that's it, you are setup for a fully assisted ILS landing...

These two steps could get missed by the mounds of discussions in the other threads so I thought I'd make it simple in two easy steps.  Hope this helps anyone interested...  Smiley

IP Logged

Delta_All_the_way
Ex Member

Re: 2 easy steps for ILS funtionality...
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2008 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Also, by selecting the ILS landing for the approriate runway from the app page on the fmc, and inputing the ils heading and frequency in the ILS section on the radio stack, and switching the efis from map to ils works beautifully as well without any editing to the route.  Hope this helps as well

IP Logged

CaptnBob

Re: 2 easy steps for ILS funtionality...
Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
The two easy steps are not for ILS functionality.  The two steps help enable an FMC-assisted approach but it does provide waypoints that help you find the runway. 

Bob

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top