Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Monitor, please help (Read 1677 times)
wabash10

Monitor, please help
Dec 2nd, 2008 at 5:11am
Print Post  
Hi,
I am looking for a monitor for Christmas, I currently have a t.v. that will only support 1280x720, it is a 30", The problem is that because it will not support a higher resolution, everything is huge, the start menu is at least an inch tall. I can only view 20 e-mails on the list, when I can see like 30 on my smaller 17in monitor.

My System Specs
4gb ram ddr2 1gb nvid video card ddr3 nvidea gtx 280, and I have an Intel quad q9550 processor, I don't know if you need more info, let me know. The video card supports 1920x1080 with 60hz.

I am looking at this t.v.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11313991&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCa...

Do you think this is fully compatible with my machine? Will upping the resolution that is outputted by my machine hurt framerates at all? Also, are the specs of this t.v. good, response time, color, contrast, etc?

thanks
Anthony

----------|-----------&&--------_____--------&&_______(~~)_______&&-@-@-|--|--|-@-@--&&----Boeing 707-----

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Re: Monitor, please help
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Wabash, it looks like you never got an answer to this!

yes, your computer should be able to handle the TV so long as your video card is compatible with its resolution.  If it has taller resolution, you can fit more things on the screen like your emails.

Yes, running bigger resolution may indeed reduce FPS, as it has to write more pixels in each frame. 

have you thought maybe about TripleHead2Go instead?  This will take 3 identical monitors and add them to your system as 1 really wide monitor, and it's great for FS.  It's on my wishlist!

Search youtube, lots and lots of videos of FS and Racing sims on TH2G setup.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top